Console Path: The Economy, State of the Game, & Crossplay needs to happen

Can you give me examples of things that are being price listed? Cause im even seeing lvl 83 base astral playes at 5ish. What are those that are being fixed?

and just a side note i am NOT aginst crossplay lol
Last edited by I AM SQUINT on Jun 29, 2019, 5:29:51 PM
Ok, I generally line up with Squint philosophically, but I can't really agree fully with the example used.

I'm fine with using 150c/ex for PC and 60c/ex for Console (the price on Xbox seems to move around between 60 and 70, on PC it appears to start low and build).

But I do not think that the c/Ex ratio difference can fully rationalize the Console pricing - other than stuff costs more on Console. I think a difference in ratio could illustrate why things priced in exalts cost more, or things priced in Chaos cost more, but not both at the same time.

If something sells for 150c on Console and 60c on PC, that translates to 2.5Ex on Console and .4Ex on PC. This is not consistent.

If something sells for 2.5Ex on Console, and 1Ex on PC, then they both translate to 150c and the difference is consistent.

If Exalts cost more on PC measured in Chaos, then Chaos costs less measured in Exalts. I do not think that the c/Ex ratio will explain Console prices being higher regardless of whether or not they are denominated in Chaos or Exalts.

Gear just generally costs more on Console (Exalts, while not gear, would be a major exception if Chaos is your base). My personal theory is that the (alleged) presence of the farm bot army on PC probably explains a lot of difference.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
If something sells for 150c on Console and 60c on PC, that translates to 2.5Ex on Console and .4Ex on PC. This is not consistent

But how though? If the ratio of chaos to exalt is 150 to 1 on the pc and the ratio on the xbox is 60c-1? How is that not exactly consistent? At any given time i can easily sell 60c for 1 exalt. It is exactly a difference of 2.5. So i would then fully expect things to be 2.5 in contrast to the pc price.

I don't get it, so i will just concede that i am an idiot in comparison to you all. The mob rules i guess. I will continue to buy what i need without noticing. My lack of foresight will continue to serve me well.
Last edited by I AM SQUINT on Jun 29, 2019, 9:33:41 PM
omit
Last edited by I AM SQUINT on Jun 29, 2019, 9:29:05 PM
Here's a song i wrote for 4 people that were all friends, yet who all had a difference of idea's and opinion's on a subject that was dividing us apart. It seems to have merit here, so listen if you want and if not thats cool too.

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=10886498 You may have to minimize the page to play it dependant on your browser.
"
I AM SQUINT wrote:
"
If something sells for 150c on Console and 60c on PC, that translates to 2.5Ex on Console and .4Ex on PC. This is not consistent

But how though? If the ratio of chaos to exalt is 150 to 1 on the pc and the ratio on the xbox is 60c-1? How is that not exactly consistent? At any given time i can easily sell 60c for 1 exalt. It is exactly a difference of 2.5. So i would then fully expect things to be 2.5 in contrast to the pc price.

I don't get it, so i will just concede that i am an idiot in comparison to you all. The mob rules i guess. I will continue to buy what i need without noticing. My lack of foresight will continue to serve me well.

The point that I flailed to make was that the Chaos to Exalt ratio could be used to explain higher prices listed in exalts, but not the higher prices for things priced in Chaos.

For example, if I believe that something is worth 150c and want to price in Ex on Console, I get the 2.5Ex price using a 60c to 1Ex conversion. But if I then believe that something else is worth 30c, if I followed the same process I would price it at 30c (a c is a c). If I think in terms of Chaos and convert to Exalts where necessary, I should get the preceding results.

If I was to think in terms of Exalts and convert to Chaos, then I will probably price something that I thought was worth 1 Exalt as 1 Exalt - but something that I thought was worth .5 Exalt as 30 Chaos on Console and 75 Chaos on PC.

So I find it difficult to explain higher prices listed in Chaos by looking at the Chaos/Exalt relationships in the different markets. I think it is just that items cost more on Console (but Currency has its own "rules").

Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info