Console Path: The Economy, State of the Game, & Crossplay needs to happen

"
SQUINT wrote:
Well the source is here http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Legion&online=x&stock=&want=6&have=4

And zGnRz if you take any of the prices you mentioned, and times them by 2.5, you end up with almost identical numbers on each and every one of your instances. Please explain to me how exactly this is not how this works if 30c on the PC is 75c on the xbox if the ratio to exalt is 60-1? All of your scenarios work out to almost exactly the same identical numbers as the pc.

You say the axe is 5ex on pc and 13ex on console. So 5 times 150, divided by 60, equals 12.5ex.

Kaoms you say goes for on average 2ex on pc. Well 2 times, 150, divided by 60 equals 5ex at a 60c to 1 ex ratio. Both the axe and chest i agree are higher but only ever so slightly, and noone can argue that there is a much smaller supply available between the the pc and xbox, so i would fully expect to pay a "get it now" tax.

I hate that things cost so much as well, but as far as i can tell, people on the xbox only seem to be keeping in line with the pc to me. For the most part anyways.

No need to bait me with the "Buddy" snide. Simply state your argument so i can more clearly understand it. As it sits now i just don't i'm sorry

Think about this though.

You get 1EX drop on PC. That feels amazing! Want a Kaoms, you only need ONE more. if you get 1EX drop on Xbox, it feels less amazing because you need FOUR more of them.

Sure, if you compare Chaos prices it seems more fair, but comparing exalted prices really shows how irritating the trading on Xbox is.
"
SQUINT wrote:
Well the source is here http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Legion&online=x&stock=&want=6&have=4

And zGnRz if you take any of the prices you mentioned, and times them by 2.5, you end up with almost identical numbers on each and every one of your instances. Please explain to me how exactly this is not how this works if 30c on the PC is 75c on the xbox if the ratio to exalt is 60-1? All of your scenarios work out to almost exactly the same identical numbers as the pc.

You say the axe is 5ex on pc and 13ex on console. So 5 times 150, divided by 60, equals 12.5ex.

Kaoms you say goes for on average 2ex on pc. Well 2 times, 150, divided by 60 equals 5ex at a 60c to 1 ex ratio (which was exactly what i paid for mine i might add). Both the axe and chest i agree are higher but only ever so slightly, and noone can argue that there is a much smaller supply available between the the pc and xbox, so i would fully expect to pay a "get it now" tax.

I hate that things cost so much as well, but as far as i can tell, people on the xbox only seem to be keeping in line with the pc to me. For the most part anyways.

No need to bait me with the "Buddy" snide. Simply state your argument so i can more clearly understand it. As it sits now i just don't i'm sorry

If your argument is "this sucks that things cost so much" then i'm right there with you, but if it's "the price differences are completely out of whack between the two" then no i can't agree with you, and i have been playing a lonnnnng time. I would have noticed if things were drastically different between the pc and xbox as far as prices go.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about currency exchange rates.. what are the actual DROP rates of currency on consoles compared to PC. And it's well known that price setters are taking over the market on console to increase prices on currency and highly sought after items. So, that renders your currency exchange rates invalid when comparing to pc.
"
Think about this though.

You get 1EX drop on PC. That feels amazing! Want a Kaoms, you only need ONE more. if you get 1EX drop on Xbox, it feels less amazing because you need FOUR more of them.

Sure, if you compare Chaos prices it seems more fair, but comparing exalted prices really shows how irritating the trading on Xbox is.

Well i use chaos orbs as a point because thats how most people purchase the high items. If i had to wait for 5 pure exalts to drop to buy my Kaoms that i got for 5 i would still be 5 short lol I've got 3 toons in maps so far and i have yet to get one to drop this league for me.
So when i said

"
Well considering its a 60-1 exalt ratio on xbox to a 150-1 on pc, these numbers seem to be exactly in line to me.

and you responded with

"
Source?

I was suppose to know that what you were actually saying was

"
Yeah, I wasn't talking about currency exchange rates.. what are the actual DROP rates of currency on consoles compared to PC. And it's well known that price setters are taking over the market on console to increase prices on currency and highly sought after items. So, that renders your currency exchange rates invalid when comparing to pc.

Does that sound reasonable to you? I also fail to see how any of this makes my currency exchange rates invalid in the context of what i was responding to in regards to the 3 examples given by the OP, of which i mathematically proved were on par with the pc. And why even mention that you believe them to be invalid if you say that you weren't talking about them in the first place? Why even bother to try to make a point over something you say you weren't making a point about? It's all very confusing.

All of these continuous threads of crazy console prices are old hat at this point. You all want the chaos to exalt ratio to stay the same on the xbox, but you also want pc item prices, and that just ain't gonna happen. If you want to start a thread that exalts should be at pc prices as well then sign me up. But we can't have our cake and eat it too type of deal ya know?
Last edited by SQUINT on Jun 28, 2019, 11:14:28 PM
What's old is people, like you, who try to refute the fact that it's out of order on console.. and you're a PC player lol, why even respond?

If console prices ARE on par with PC, as you say, then that's a problem. How many more people play on oc with how much more items and currency in circulation? I mean, you talk about doing math.. start there.
"
SQUINT wrote:
"
Think about this though.

Well i use chaos orbs as a point because thats how most people purchase the high items. If i had to wait for 5 pure exalts to drop to buy my Kaoms that i got for 5 i would still be 5 short lol I've got 3 toons in maps so far and i have yet to get one to drop this league for me.

I dont think its keeping in line because the chaos recipe is so much harder to do on xbox/ps4. Possible definitly ive been doing some in league but prob takes twice as long as mouse clicking.
"
SQUINT wrote:
So when i said

"
Well considering its a 60-1 exalt ratio on xbox to a 150-1 on pc, these numbers seem to be exactly in line to me.

and you responded with

"
Source?

I was suppose to know that what you were actually saying was

"

Does that sound reasonable to you? I also fail to see how any of this makes my currency exchange rates invalid in the context of what i was responding to in regards to the 3 examples given by the OP, of which i mathematically proved were on par with the pc. And why even mention that you believe them to be invalid if you say that you weren't talking about them in the first place? Why even bother to try to make a point over something you say you weren't making a point about? It's all very confusing.

All of these continuous threads of crazy console prices are old hat at this point. You all want the chaos to exalt ratio to stay the same on the xbox, but you also want pc item prices, and that just ain't gonna happen. If you want to start a thread that exalts should be at pc prices as well then sign me up. But we can't have our cake and eat it too type of deal ya know?

1) Let me start with the obvious, and that is you are a PC player and don't have a clear understanding of what is going on over here in Console land.

2) How can you comment on 95% of this thread since you're a PC player, and on top of that NOT EVEN PLAYING THE CURRENT LEAGUE. I have crashed 5 times today, where I lose ALL portals with a 50/50 chance of dying. However, you are more worried about OUR economy.

3) Why do you care so much if PS4 and Xbox had crossplay? That would relieve stress on those of us who actually want to play.

4) You didn't mathematically prove ANYTHING about my 3 comparisons. THE ONLY reasonable comparison was Carcass, and EVEN THEN it's a stretch. 20-25Ex for an ATZIRI'S DISFAVOR is ABYSMAL. THAT'S MORE THAN 5 TIMES THE PRICE OF THE PC EQUIVALENT.

Stay out of the console threads or use your head before responding please.
Last edited by zGnRz on Jun 29, 2019, 2:58:45 AM
"
1) Let me start with the obvious, and that is you are a PC player and don't have a clear understanding of what is going on over here in Console land.

2) How can you comment on 95% of this thread since you're a PC player, and on top of that NOT EVEN PLAYING THE CURRENT LEAGUE. I have crashed 5 times today, where I lose ALL portals with a 50/50 chance of dying. However, you are more worried about OUR economy.

3) Why do you care so much if PS4 and Xbox had crossplay? That would relieve stress on those of us who actually want to play.

4) You didn't mathematically prove ANYTHING about my 3 comparisons. THE ONLY reasonable comparison was Carcass, and EVEN THEN it's a stretch. 20-25Ex for an ATZIRI'S DISFAVOR is ABYSMAL. THAT'S MORE THAN 5 TIMES THE PRICE OF THE PC EQUIVALENT.

Stay out of the console threads or use your head before responding please.

1) I signed in with my micro account for you then. I used to be a pc player and have not really used that platform since the xbox ported over soooo

2) See number one. Crashes and disconnects etc suck i know, but this is a completely different topic altogether, and no im not worried, because for the most part it is in line with the pc economy.

3) When did i say i was against crossplay in this thread? I can't remember ever saying it actually. I'm not sure why i would?

4) You said the Disfavor 6L on the Pc is 12ex and on the xbox it is 25. So again 12 times 150 (pc exalt to chaos ratio), divided by 60 (xbox exalt to chaos ratio) equals 30 exalts. I agree that it is more, but there are also alot less of them available and i wouldn't be surprised if you could haggle one down to meet the 25 number. Even if you could not it still isn't all that much more when considering the numbers available (well not to me anyways)

This is simple math. The reason i know it's simple math is because i was able to figure it out. I can barely manage to hang curtains properly and only if they aren't too complicated. I could never say build a dresser without it looking like a warped box with shelves that had to go on top because they couldn't fit into it. Truth be told every time i do the numbers on an item, i am praying that i'm doing it right or else i am gonna look like a complete dolt.

5) I have every right to be here seeing as i play on the xbox and i feel i did use my head to the best of my abilities. In the context of your OP i used what i believe to be a sound mathematical formula that shows that the prices are very close and in one case it was actually cheaper. I don't obviously believe that this would happen on every item that you seek out for arguments sake, but the ones that you listed as examples are all in line. You have yet to explain to me how they are not. No one in their right mind would try to wait till they got 25-30 pure exalts to drop to buy an item. The chaos to exalt ratio HAS to be taken into consideration. Heck there is alot more stuff that is much cheaper on the xbox than the pc. I constantly buy very good jewels that would sell for much more on the pc. Like for every build i can easily get them when needed.

Again i just am not seeing it, sorry. When you make a thread on any given topic you should expect that not everyone is going to agree with you, and in this case it happens to be me. I don't think any less of you for your point of view on the subject because i don't know you as a person. I would hope that you would also do the same for me. I just don't see it. Personally i would rather have a 60-1 exalt ratio as it has been since the xbox port. At least i know each and everyday what that ratio is and that it isn't skewed daily by botter's. The only way that prices are going to SEEM more in line is if we on the xbox also price our exalts to match the pc's. Either way the farm time will be pretty much the same. However Fhark does make a good argument with the chaos recipe being harder to obtain when considering a mouse vs a controller to pick up item's. It definitely adds to the time sink when doing so.

Last edited by I AM SQUINT on Jun 29, 2019, 8:43:28 AM
I think we should just start here. By your own admission you say that a Disfavor 6l is 12ex on the pc yet it is 25 on the xbox, correct?

"
6-links were in the 12EX range, scrolling for a minute did not find the price to be 25EX.

You then go on to try to reiterate your point by saying that they are 5 times as much, correct?

"
20-25Ex for an ATZIRI'S DISFAVOR is ABYSMAL. THAT'S MORE THAN 5 TIMES THE PRICE OF THE PC EQUIVALENT.

Since when is 25ex to 12 ex the difference of 5 times the amount? Now to me that's just a bit over double. Please enlighten me, even as dim witted as you are perceiving me to be. Help me to understand these numbers that you are so adamantly using to defend your position on the subject.
Zzzz
With such low player numbers on console, prices shouldn't even be close to double. I would GLADLY take bots flooding the market to lower prices than people price fixing high-end items to increase prices

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info