Console Path: The Economy, State of the Game, & Crossplay needs to happen

To start off.. To make things clear, the economy on console (at least for XB1) has always been at a higher rate than PC. Paying more for uniques, paying more for rares (which have WORSE stats than their PC equivalent..) and being forced to almost always craft my own rares.

I'm gonna compare just a couple items between PC and Xbox:

Carcass Jack Varnished Coat:
* Xbox: NOT A SINGLE 6-Link posted. UNLINKED, ANY number of sockets are going for 1-3EX.
* PC: Those items, same number of sockets? ~30 Chaos, many in the MID TEENS.

Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate
* Xbox:Right off the bat, a couple show up at 6/7EX. They do not go under this price.
* PC: You can clearly see these are going for 2EX on average.

Atziri's Disfavour Vaal Axe
* Xbox:I had to scroll ELEVEN (11) pages on the Xbox Auction House until ONE showed up. That price? 13EX. It was only a 5-Link. The 6 link Price 8 pages later was 25EX.
* PC: Found a 5-Link going for under 5EX. 6-links were in the 12EX range, scrolling for a minute did not find the price to be 25EX.

Look. I hope that was enough to get the point across. These price differences are INSANE. It costs me 2 TIMES the currency to make a build on Console that's up-to-par with a good build.

On top of that, this league is BRUTAL. We are dealing with hard lagging, crashing to dashboard, loading screen freezes, CONSTANT Desync with movement skills... To this DAY. That's weeks after launch. That's lost players, effecting the economy. Playing Cyclone I'm hard pressed to hold my levels. I've been at level 90 for a WEEK and have lost experience on multiple crashes.

The way I see it.. To really make this game worth my while for future leagues (on console), would be to get crossplay rollin'. I could switch to PC if I wanted to, however my friends play on Console and I've spent money on console. If you aren't willing to allow crossplay, I don't see myself returning for a future league. Quite frankly, it's exhausting trying to get a VIABLE build working on console.

At the very least, allow me to link my account to PC so I can use what I've already paid for on the PC version.
Last edited by zGnRz on Jun 28, 2019, 2:03:12 AM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2019, 11:44:17 PM
Believe me, it's no better on ps4.. prices are outrageous. We have significantly lower player numbers than PC, yet we have the same drop rates on currency. More players = more currency in circulation = lower trade prices.
The game is objectively worse on console because of this. The prices are so outrageous on things that you can only hope to do 1-3 characters per league because it's just not feasible to find or buy the gear for more. If you don't play often, you better hope the 1 character you can afford doesn't suck endgame, because then all the time and trading you've spent on it was a complete waste that you're probably not getting back, since with the smaller player base comes fewer buyers for you to resell your old character's gear.

And yeah on ps4 it's the same, stuff going for 20-50c on pc is instead 2-8ex.
I've been shopping for a Kaom's Heart for a little while now and it is almost impossible to get a good price, iv'e just been trying my hardest to chance on.

I don't even need a one with a high % increased fire damage, I just need the flat life.

The people pricing these things are crazy, the perfect 40% roll has some decent pricing iv'e seen as low as 5 EX which I think is fair.

The guys with 20-28% are pricing at 6 EX, and when you msg them and ask them why they simply say "it's my item I can price how I want." Even when I say back to them I can get a perfect rolled one for 5 EX, so why would I buy your lower rolled one for more!?

It's just funny to me, I have currency just looking to not blow it all on something overpriced because then I can't buy the other things I need for my build which are also overpriced....

It's a vicious cycle.
"
skyttskytt wrote:
The game is objectively worse on console because of this. The prices are so outrageous on things that you can only hope to do 1-3 characters per league because it's just not feasible to find or buy the gear for more. If you don't play often, you better hope the 1 character you can afford doesn't suck endgame, because then all the time and trading you've spent on it was a complete waste that you're probably not getting back, since with the smaller player base comes fewer buyers for you to resell your old character's gear.

And yeah on ps4 it's the same, stuff going for 20-50c on pc is instead 2-8ex.

Stop relying so heavily on player trading and start grinding. You want all the best gear? You're gonna need to put time and effort into it
"

Stop relying so heavily on player trading and start grinding. You want all the best gear? You're gonna need to put time and effort into it

You're missing the entire point.

Grinding or not, the costs are exponentially higher. Myself (and many others) are willing to grind. You just have to grind much more than you would on PC to get to a decent spot in the game.
Well considering its a 60-1 exalt ratio on xbox to a 150-1 on pc, these numbers seem to be exactly in line to me.
"
SQUINT wrote:
Well considering its a 60-1 exalt ratio on xbox to a 150-1 on pc, these numbers seem to be exactly in line to me.

Source?
"
SQUINT wrote:

So 30 or less chaos for the Carcass non-6 link compared to the xbox 1ex is ok?

And the Axe price?

Nah. That's not how this works buddy.
Well the source is here http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Legion&online=x&stock=&want=6&have=4

And zGnRz if you take any of the prices you mentioned, and times them by 2.5, you end up with almost identical numbers on each and every one of your instances. Carcass Jack 30c on pc. 30 times 2.5, equals 75c, 60c on xbox = 1 ex. Seems like a deal to me. You are saving 15c.

You say the axe is 5ex on pc and 13ex on console. So 5 times 150, divided by 60, equals 12.5ex.

Kaoms you say goes for on average 2ex on pc. Well 2 times, 150, divided by 60 equals 5ex at a 60c to 1 ex ratio (which was exactly what i paid for mine i might add). Both the axe and chest i agree are higher but only ever so slightly, and noone can argue that there is a much smaller supply available between the the pc and xbox, so i would fully expect to pay a "get it now" tax.

I hate that things cost so much as well, but as far as i can tell, people on the xbox only seem to be keeping in line with the pc to me. For the most part anyways.

No need to bait me with the "Buddy" snide. Simply state your argument so i can more clearly understand it. As it sits now i just don't i'm sorry

If your argument is "this sucks that things cost so much" then i'm right there with you, but if it's "the price differences are completely out of whack between the two" then no i can't agree with you, and i have been playing a lonnnnng time. I would have noticed if things were drastically different between the pc and xbox as far as prices go.

Bottom line. If you want pc prices then you should advocate that exalts on the xbox be also inline with pc prices. As long as they are cheaper on the xbox, then things will "seem" more expensive. But they aren't.

Last edited by SQUINT on Jun 28, 2019, 8:50:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info