MAKE POE PLAYABLE AGAIN on XBOX

Since Xbox received the 3.7.1 patch I have been unable to play POE for longer than five minutes without crashing/freezing/getting stuck in infinite loading screen. I play on a new Xbox One X, with wired internet 500 down/25 up. In the weeks from release of Legion to the release of 3.7.1 I play for at least 40 hours and had maybe 2 crashes. Then it all went to hell.

When 3.7.1 was released I was in the process of leveling a Cyclone Slayer and had just made it to Act 9. After the release, every instance I opened had issues with crashing/freezing/infinite loading screens. I tried resetting instances, changing my gateway, resetting my internet. Nothing changed. I tried using different skills, as I heard these issues were related to channeling/cyclone, yet I still had same issues with Bladestorm and Sunder.

It took me all week just to make it to the atlas, thinking this was related to the story mode of the game and it would clear up. Though, this issues persisted.

I also tried changing my hideout to several different ones, hearing Skeletal Hideout prevented these issues. Yet the issues still persisted.

At this point, I can not complete a single map without crashing/freezing. Sometimes I can not even load into my hideout to open a map without hitting an infinite loading screen. Sometimes I hit a infinite loading screen once i open a map and enter it. All of this combined has made POE unplayable on Xbox for me. Not to mention there are way more issues, such as desyncing when cycloning, rubber banding when using leap slam and cyclone, etc.

Is there any fixes for any of the above issues or will there be a 3.7.2 released in the near future to make POE playable again?
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2019, 10:33:43 PM
Yeah, I think that 3.7 came with some really good QOL (I'm really lovin' the ability to back out of Market searches one step at a time), but after the patches there are still some new crashes dogging the game.

Currently (fingers crossed), what works for me is at the first sign of trouble, back out of the game, hard re-boot, load up a Standard League Character (take it to its HO and summon a couple of Zombies - not sure if this is necessary), then switch back to my original Character - all in a timely fashion so the portals have not closed yet. Generally I can count on it working if when the original Character reloads, I get a message about new help pages that persists on the screen rather than just flickering on and gone.

Having said that, I just experienced the screen going into slow motion (different feel from FPS drops). I was in the Temple and even though everything was slow motion, I got timed out pretty quickly.

I think GGG definitely has more work to do just to get the Xbox experience back to the pre-3.7 experience. Hopefully I will not be driven insane by double actions and extraneous actions before that happens.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
I had no issue after 3.7. All of my issues began once 3.7.1 was released. I played last night on a Standard Character and had zero issues. But eventually I switched back to my Legion Character and the crashes began again. It is definitely an issue with Legion.
Me too. I have exactly the same bugs and crashes as you. It's despairing because GGG doesn't communicate anything about this huge problem and doesn't respond to the messages of those like you who signal it.
Me as well... I keep crashing at my hideout and when trying to start a map. It's really really bad.
Sericus
"
HappyKi11z wrote:
Since Xbox received the 3.7.1 patch I have been unable to play POE for longer than five minutes without crashing/freezing/getting stuck in infinite loading screen. I play on a new Xbox One X, with wired internet 500 down/25 up. In the weeks from release of Legion to the release of 3.7.1 I play for at least 40 hours and had maybe 2 crashes. Then it all went to hell.

After the release, every instance I opened had issues with crashing/freezing/infinite loading screens.

Is there any fixes for any of the above issues or will there be a 3.7.2 released in the near future to make POE playable again?

Hello,

The behaviour you're describing here was one we were able to investigate further, and found an issue that primarily affected users on X1X consoles. We've since made some changes that should resolve the issue, these are included in patch 3.7.3 which we're in the process of trying to deploy ASAP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info