Can't believe I'm saying this

But Diablo 3 is fun as hell on a console.

Wife decided I should face my trauma, and got me Reaper Of Souls.

I fucking hate D3... Or I... used to... Damn it why is this fun?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2019, 11:19:27 PM
Welcome to the party!

D3 console (ps4 pro) on a nice HD TV is actually very good.

I actually prefer it to the PC version (gasp)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Because it is more fluid than PoE. If you've played mostly PoE and then switch to Diablo 3 its like in that samurai jack episode where he removed all of his training weight and started flying.
The performance, animations, and audio are very well done on D3. There isn't another ARPG that nailed all 3 of those as good as D3 did.

The story was bland, but so is PoE's story, and Grim Dawn's story.

The game runs even better on PC, it'll run at whatever refresh rate and resolution your monitor is, and stay there. 200hz monitor? No problem.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 23, 2019, 12:12:03 PM
Most people who hate D3 have never played it.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
To me PoE players who passionately hate D3 feel like Mellow Yellow drinkers who passionately hate Mtn Dew. Hipster hypocrisy at its most consumer-ish.

Let's face facts: as PoE has aged, it and D3 have become much the same things.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
D3 fixes most of it's launch problems without gutting and redoing everything, it's a great experience now. It honestly feels great to roll new characters and the endgame feels nice and fluid. Honestly everything PoE does poorly Diablo 3 does really well and everything Diablo does poorly PoE does really well.
I think Diablo III is fun to go back to every once in a while. Playing with others always feels way better in Diablo III as well. It lacks build variety compared to Path of Exile but there are still plenty of viable builds to tinker with.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info