Facebook launches Libra

Never had a Facebook account myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOcJOe-gN6A

Will you use it?

What will the impact be of yet another digital currency?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2019, 11:30:42 AM
You think this is just "another digital currency" with the kind of backing and pull facebook has globally?

Check for me if mastercard backs it up and invested in libra's launch and then you can project a couple of years ahead.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Yeah, trust Facebook with having a part in your money (and tracking how and where you spend it, then sharing that info with others, who then share it with others, and so on).

SURE......lol
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Yeah, trust Facebook with having a part in your money (and tracking how and where you spend it, then sharing that info with others, who then share it with others, and so on).

SURE......lol

With Faceborg's track record of "disapproving" certain social behaviors, yeah, put your economic wherewithal in the hands of a tech company bidding fair to be a non-governmental world power. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
If i still had a Facebook account, I would just unfriend anyone I knew who bought into Libra. My best friend from 4th grade that I've never lost touch with, my wife, my dad, my dear 91 year old Granny (well, maybe not her :D).

Random people online can do whatever for all I care, but when things get real I definitely have some standards. It would simply be too far beyond the threshold of blatant stupidity that I could accept from people I actually know.

Won't have those decisions to make though since I outright deleted my Facebook (among other things) last year.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info