Old Lioneye's Watch soundtrack

I think the old Lioneye's Watch soundtrack much better than the new one. The game needs it, don't you think?
Last bumped on May 31, 2019, 12:36:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3PCR9bfp0
+1
Yes, the first time i entered lioneye's watch it hits you like truck then eases you by the fire and you're paralised with goosebumbs. after a while you go questing only to return for another hit. The original lioneye's music is = to tristram for diablo imo
I hope they put it back, sounds nostalgic for me
"
TatuDasTrevas wrote:

They can't, at least not without paying the license fees to use the soundbank components that it contains.

However at this stage it's probably the song itself, and not the specific recording, which people are mostly wanting back. The old recording is problematic to use as-is, so why not just rerecord the entire thing from scratch without using any soundbank samples?

Or why not incorporate one of the many fan-recreations of the track. It would have to be a recreation, and not use the original audio in any way. My favorite version is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBZ1LiEBhsA
"
UnclePobatti wrote:
"
TatuDasTrevas wrote:

They can't, at least not without paying the license fees to use the soundbank components that it contains.

However at this stage it's probably the song itself, and not the specific recording, which people are mostly wanting back. The old recording is problematic to use as-is, so why not just rerecord the entire thing from scratch without using any soundbank samples?

Or why not incorporate one of the many fan-recreations of the track. It would have to be a recreation, and not use the original audio in any way. My favorite version is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBZ1LiEBhsA

I want the specific song and recording back, but if they cant get the specific recording then they should just remake the entire soundtrack in orchestra version or with real instruments i guess and id be happy as long as it remains faithful, id be pretty annoyed if they added a random heavy metal song in there when its not heavy metal for example. I want it to sound the same and feel the same, heavy metal has a different vibe than what it was originally.
"
Vyzr wrote:
I want the specific song and recording back, but if they cant get the specific recording then they should just remake the entire soundtrack in orchestra version or with real instruments i guess and id be happy as long as it remains faithful, id be pretty annoyed if they added a random heavy metal song in there when its not heavy metal for example. I want it to sound the same and feel the same, heavy metal has a different vibe than what it was originally.

I was trying to make a point with that specific example, that entirely recreated-from-scratch versions exist and can sound good. Most so-called covers and remakes on Youtube are (or appear to be) manipulations of the original audio. The example I linked proves that we are able to have the song in it's entirety without having to incorporate any soundbank-owned samples or audio that require a paid license.

The example sounds great in isolation, as a demonstration, but would not fit in with the rest of Kamil's soundtrack since it's of an entirely different style/genre. However a track recorded with "it's going into the game" in mind would, naturally, be more modest and use more appropriate instruments.

If someone with that kind of talent could do a cover-version that did fit-in nicely among Kamil's OST, and not stand out in any jarring way, or if Kamil himself was able to do such a thing it would be perfect.
"
UnclePobatti wrote:
"
Vyzr wrote:

I was trying to make a point with that specific example, that entirely recreated-from-scratch versions exist and can sound good. Most so-called covers and remakes on Youtube are (or appear to be) manipulations of the original audio. The example I linked proves that we are able to have the song in it's entirety without having to incorporate any soundbank-owned samples or audio that require a paid license.

The example sounds great in isolation, as a demonstration, but would not fit in with the rest of Kamil's soundtrack since it's of an entirely different style/genre. However a track recorded with "it's going into the game" in mind would, naturally, be more modest and use more appropriate instruments.

If someone with that kind of talent could do a cover-version that did fit-in nicely among Kamil's OST, and not stand out in any jarring way, or if Kamil himself was able to do such a thing it would be perfect.

Exactly the same sound just with nothing soundbank owned. That sounds fine to me. I don't know why they didnt just do that in the first place.
The old Lioneye's track is now a classic it has aged well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info