Remap keys options

Hi,

Would be nice if there was an option to change some buttons.
For example I would like to use some skill on L2 instead of X botton. X button is used to collect items and open chests, so some times the skill function of this button doen't work if I'm near of some item or chest.
Last edited by CristianoBartel on May 8, 2019, 2:08:16 PM
Last bumped on May 24, 2019, 9:09:40 PM
You can already do that from accessibility in the console settings.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
But accessibility settings don't solve the problem about the skill fails when you are near an item.
For example, if I cast a fireball using "X" button(PS4), this is skill will fail whenever there are items nearby because the avatar will collect the item with that button.

Would be nice to map action button to L2, and "X" would work only to cast skills.
I guess you could just switch a utility skill onto X. You must be using a curse or warcry that it wouldn't hurt too bad if it didn't go off. I'm pretty sure Xbox has wanted remapping for a while, and with all the crashes, bugs, and moderate performance issues I assume it's going to be a while before it comes.

Edit: I forgot, if you hold L2 when you cast it will ignore the item. I'm pretty sure it holds priority on the enemy too if there's still enemies around. Not sure though, I've hardly used it.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on May 14, 2019, 12:29:14 PM
Ya, they need to do something about this 'X' button nonsense. Trying to use a skill when instead I'm sitting there picking up loot like a dumb ass in the middle of a fight is getting really annoying..
"
gr4yrang3r87 wrote:
Ya, they need to do something about this 'X' button nonsense. Trying to use a skill when instead I'm sitting there picking up loot like a dumb ass in the middle of a fight is getting really annoying..

Really?

I get the reverse for some reason. If I want to pick up an item or open a chest and there are monsters about, my witch will say "when I'm ready and not before". It gets a bit lethal and frustrating during delve runs and breaches especially - I have to stand there as a sitting duck for a few seconds while I try to get the cursor to target Clasped Hands for example, which isn't feasible in harder breaches.

If you're accidentally picking up items instead of attacking, that happens often on PC where a left click is both "move here" and "take this item".
While there does need to be remap options for combat skills, here's a tip for picking up items during combat:

As long as you have at least one direction that does not trigger auto-targeting, you can move to the item, quickly turn in the direction where no monsters will activate auto-targeting, and pick up the item. You need to be quick, but you'll get the timing down pretty fast. Helpful during many situations where you have an item you really need but it's surrounded by mobs that are pounding your face into the dirt.

So if you are facing monsters that are in the northeast corner of the screen as an example, if there are no monsters behind you, you can quickly reverse direction over the item and the filter should highlight any currencies by default, and you can quickly flick the R stick to select a non-currency item if need be.

It's clunky at first (OK, it's clunky period), but given the console's limitations and lack of mouse/keyboard support, the best current workaround for that pesky problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info