Sit down at the Endgame table - with spoilers

Not surprised how useless females without super powers die, like gamora in infinity war, and widow now in endgame. Boring characters and useless when fighting monsters whose power levels are over 9000.
Die monsters, eat these 9mm bullets - pew pew pew...

Didn't get a chance to see it in a theater yet and the other version I watched was so low quality and thus hard to follow so forgive me if my data is wrong.

In general, time travel sucks if you want to keep the stakes high.
Once you open that box, anything can be "undone" and changed.
I just don't like it. Would have been better if there had been no population ashing snap, but instead Thanos had snapped the resources across the universe in half, in order to let all living beings wage war against each other for survival of the fittest. The avengers would thus been thrown into a race against time to find and beat Thanos. Tension remains. Yeah, just a shitty brain fart suggestion but still better than time travel. ANYTHING is better than time travel.

And here are the problems:

Future nebula from and in 2023 kills her past self from 2012 or something, but doesn't vanish. So this would mean you can't change the future by affecting the past? Nothing matters. Why bother? You create alternative time line dimensions... who cares? You split reality? God I fucking hate this shit so much.

Then the hulk snap:

So it's 2023 (5 years after iw 2018).
Antman shows up, the team travels back to different years to get the stones.
Hulk snaps the stones, undoing the iw snap?
So did he just bring them back to life in the present, or did he change history and recreate the entire universes timeline, like *load saved game*?
Then how and where did all those who vanished re-emerge?
Did they never fight Thanos in iw, did nothing of that happen, do they have no memories of those events? I FUCKING HATE THIS STUPID SHIT.

If they are simply "anti-ashed" back to life into 2023, how do they know where to go and what to do? Like the Dr.Strange monk army just happens to be everywhere across the entire universe, making portals for all the factions to join the fight? What the fuuuuuuuck?

Where did Loki go with the tesseract? Didn't that start a butterfly effect and change everything after Tony dropped the case and fucked up the heist?

What about cap going back in time and staying there, growing old.
Did he not bump into his past self? Wouldn't there be 2 Rogers?
Jesus christ I am so fucking done with this...

Kids, THIS IS WHY you don't use time travel! EVER.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2019, 8:18:41 PM
Its the magic of disney and to set up for few things :

resurrection of stark, in comics he has a few backups of his mind scattered around the world

in comics captain had formula drained out of him, so he quit being a hero and went to become a director of shield, giving shield to hawk guy, you can already see simmilarities with movie, its in order to set up a new standalone cpt america film with hawk guy as main role probably

messing with time - new universes most probably, so its all ok according to marvel shenanigans

also, once again, its marvel, be prepared for retcons of retcons over years, its their way of making stuff fresh

in marvel comics, like half of the existing characters destroyed the universe at least once, so its nothing special

I am now more interested how will disney implement x-men and inhumans into the whole story and if they have any plans to collide this cinematic marvel universe with ultimate marvel universe, especially the neglected fantastic four
Spreading salt since 2006
Dude females are most powerful. Get married you'll see waht I mean.
Git R Dun!
Time travel is invariably silly.

The real question is: if we've established that time travel requires the consumption of Pym particles as fuel, how was 2014 Thanos able to time-hop his entire fucking fleet into the future? How much Pym juice did Rogers actually steal in the 1970s? I didn't see him walking out with eighteen suitcases.

Perhaps Thanos, Inc. independently developed Ant-Man technology, but if that's the case whoever Thanos left behind in 2014 has access to time travel, and could possibly bring him back. When both good guys AND bad have time travel tech, your entire plot is irreparably fucked.

BTW, Endgame isn't the introduction of time travel to the MCU; Doctor Strange is. Why Steven couldn't have done his Dormammu trick to take out Thanks single-handed, I have no idea.

Strange could take on pretty much anyone, even of Stoopid Hi power levels. "Kal-El, I've come to bargain."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 28, 2019, 8:46:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info