Pagan Online. Thoughts?

Anyone seen this yet?

I was tempted to buy it but 30 bucks for an early access game is a bit much when World War Z looks pretty damn fun for 35 bucks.

I saw some streamers playing it and it has a Diablo 3 vibe, but I dont care.

My only issue is the 30 dollar price tag. At 15 I would buy it instantly. I'm not poor by any means, but that 29.99 price tag for an early access game just turns me off for some reason.

The gameplay actually does look...fun though. Anyone here who buys basically every Arpg that hits the market tried it yet? lol.
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2019, 4:51:31 AM
The game looks very "alpha" to me, I would wait a lot longer until I gave the game a try, at least for that price tag, when the game isnt remotely done.
From what I see they are prepping themselves a nice P2W mobile game in the future. Passing it seems like the best option.
I mean, they have a F2P type item shop. I wouldn't spend the 30 bucks, just wait a couple of months until it's F2P and try it out then.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
They cite PSOBB as one of their inspirations. They claim limited microtransactions and no plans for a cash shop currency. They use WASD + mouse movement similar to WildStar.

This looks awesome, honestly. Thanks for the heads up.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
"
Destructodave wrote:
Anyone seen this yet?

I was tempted to buy it but 30 bucks for an early access game is a bit much when World War Z looks pretty damn fun for 35 bucks.

I saw some streamers playing it and it has a Diablo 3 vibe, but I dont care.

My only issue is the 30 dollar price tag. At 15 I would buy it instantly. I'm not poor by any means, but that 29.99 price tag for an early access game just turns me off for some reason.

The gameplay actually does look...fun though. Anyone here who buys basically every Arpg that hits the market tried it yet? lol.

There you go, tested it for you.
Also game authors stated yesterday that this game wouldn't go F2P -
This is the little feedback i posted right after finishing storyline ( wich isn't done yet they will add the rest later ), it's not a review just throwed everything i had in mind once done:

https://www.reddit.com/r/paganonline/comments/bfl059/little_feedback_after_first_journey_and_storyline/

For an early access i'm pretty astonished, regarding technical part and polishing it's really smooth - I think there are a lot of progress to make on gameplay interactions / fights / balance but hey this is an EA soo wait and see.
Note: The game is strongly influenced by Warframe when it come to missions and character unlocks ( wich were not the first to do that either, just pointing that you will recognize few aspects here ).

You can find more infos here, it's the Q&A from the Creative director.

https://www.reddit.com/r/paganonline/comments/bfdqea/a_message_from_uros_to_our_beautiful_community/
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Apr 21, 2019, 9:42:37 AM
"
Altnaharra wrote:
The graphics style, all these new titles keep taking up that look.

I guess it's popular, just not my thing.

In the same boat. I like the concept of the game, don't know enough about gameplay to even mention it but the graphics style. Just no.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
Altnaharra wrote:
The graphics style, all these new titles keep taking up that look.

I guess it's popular, just not my thing.

In the same boat. I like the concept of the game, don't know enough about gameplay to even mention it but the graphics style. Just no.

Have to admit i prefer graphics from Path of Exile / Grim dawn, gameplay is more or less the same instance system than warframe, playing with WASD and doing rotations with your skills -
At first i tought i would be really bored by that but after a strong 50 hours playtime lot of coffee and boss wondering why i look so tired at work it appear that the game keep me on board for now.
Thing to mention twice, this is an early access, there are bugs, design of x and y aspects of the game subject to change, and coop NOT AVAILABLE yet but at the top of priority list ( they removed it for early access because not satisfied enough during alpha test earlier this year ).
One last thing, it has really nothing to do with PoE RnG, it's very light if we compare both ( except for endgame gears that will require a lot of farm of course, and legendary items - wich arn't intended to be more powerful than regular ones ).

I'm on my way to complete what can be completed yet - missing two char max level now and crafting bench levels then more or less done till next patch.
In conclusion let's say that it's a promising game, with a lot of action vibes and skill based fights, with some warframe, a bit of diablo 3, a bit of everything after all but the result is fine for a low budget EA.

Oh yeah and there are chickens too. That's important ;)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Apr 24, 2019, 4:21:05 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
My initial impression of the 'short form' mashup of Diablo and Warframe was that it was being tailored more to console and mobile, which isn't really a bad thing but then I saw the aesthetics and had flashbacks to dozens upon dozens of bad mobile short-form ARPGs with Warframe-like level structure and pretenses to Diablo's mainstream throne.

And reading that gear changes don't change your appearance is a big, big red flag for me.

That all said, the articles and videos so far are promising in that it does seem to be doing enough of its own thing to be interesting. But between Wolcen, Last Epoch going into major beta in a few days, For Honor on console ($25 with expansion, everything unlockable in-game? Yeah, okay, sold) being basically Bushido Blade 2019, getting back into casual Smite on PC with the GF and a few friends, AND Conan Exiles taunting me with its lonely, massive scope...yeah, I just don't see it carving a niche into my personal gaming space.

But it has more hope of doing so than Chaosbane, that's for sure. Inquisitor: Martyr was the straw that broke this camel's back as regards Gaming Workshop's endless attempts at shoe-horning their tactical fantasy/sci fi games into every genre known to (The Imperium Of) Man.

edit and PS: Oh god, Pagan Online is by Wargaming? Well that's three strikes.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/features/pagan-online-hands-on-interview-1203159249/

Enlightening little brain-pick. They're right about the f2p backlash, but this just *sounds* like a console game. Again, not a bad thing, but something to be conscious of as PC players wary of so-called consolification.

Ahah you seems already busy with a lot of video games :D
Well for the gears changing appearance i have to admit i don't bother much with that, you can get few skins per char ( and pick whatever color you want ) for some gold ( ingame money, at this hour there arn't any real money involved in any aspects of the game except base price ).
Doesn't really add customization but it's a start.

The game's identity by itself is a bit weird as i said, mixin different playstyle but Strangely it synergize pretty well.
Plans for the futur are for the most part not-so-clear they are taking their time to do things right reason they havn't added trading yet ( eheheh sorry couldn't resist ).
As for Wargaming this is the publisher - the studio that made the game is called Mad head games*

Hope for the best, will see how it goes in the futur - PoE next league is still my goto so far - will depend of the content of course i don't think i could handle an other Syndicate / Synthesis like league but we will see. For now i stay where i'm :D having lot of fun

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I fucking hate threads like this.

Meh, not like I needed that $30 or anything...

edit: oh, it appears to be locked out of my region both on steam and wargaming. Well then, I'll take that $30 and...go see Avengers or something. (He said, as if he hasn't already booked a couples seat for that one come Monday because fuck the initial rush).

I'm sure your region will be unlocked sooner or later - ;)
Just wanted to add a positive note.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info