Anyone try the Chaosbane Beta?

Looks pretty meh from an itemization perspective. General consensus seems to be boss fights seem to be done well.

Don't feel like paying money to get another lackluster ARPG.
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2019, 5:13:05 PM
I agree. Looks meh and too much like D3. I would just play D3 if I had an urge to play a boring arpg.
Censored.
There's no such thing as a competent PoE competitor.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
There's no such thing as a competent PoE competitor.

lol. Yeah I always get upset when thinking about how the Isometric ARPG genre feels abandoned for no good reason.

If you look at the success of Diablo 2 and POE and even a crappy Diablo 3... it blows my mind how much money is left on the table by AAA developers by not dabbling in the Iso ARPG genre.

There are sooo many millions of dollars to be made in this genre. I love POE, but I feel like GGG having a healthy competitor would really improve POE even further.

Competition breeds innovation.

So annoying that I picked Iso ARPGs as my "genre of choice"... Some days I wish I could be a normy and just play Apex Legends or some other FPS BR... It seems like people are just making a new one of those every week.
Haven't tried the beta, but for sure will play it when it is released on my PS4, there aren't many ARPG that supports couch co-op on the PS4.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
The part that already turns me off is the game is going in the vein of Grim Dawn/Torchlight/whatever in that the characters and information are saved locally.

Not being online really sucks the fun out of these games for me, and why I continue to just bounce between D3 and PoE.

People can edit/cheat/do whatever and makes most items just worthless outside of an SSF playstyle, so that alone will probably keep me from playing it. I cant get into Grim Dawn or others for the same reason.

I'll just have to wait on another online-only server-based game like PoE/D3 I guess.
"
Prizy wrote:
So annoying that I picked Iso ARPGs as my "genre of choice"... Some days I wish I could be a normy and just play Apex Legends or some other FPS BR... It seems like people are just making a new one of those every week.

I've never found out why people like to play fps games and I've been a gamer since 1990's. Fps view totally confuses me every time in every game.

Only fps I actually enjoyed to a degree was Mass Effect series and not so much fps action but the lore.
Its too much like Diablo 3. The Grim Dawn-like passive constellations are pathetic. 1% increased damage nodes? Please. Didn't see a single piece of gear that is not a simple stat increase. The enemies are very samey, so are the environments.

I don't know, maybe if someone really likes Warhammer they'll like this too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info