Looking for Artist for a boardgame!

With the art challenge going on I figured I would post this and see if anyone is interested;

We are looking for an artist(s) for a new board game from "Your Name In A Box". We are a local group of game enthusiasts, that are based out of Iowa, USA, that have decided we can bring something new and exciting to the board game world. The game is mostly cards and would require unique and humorous art to bring it to life. We are needing art for the cards and game box. We'd really like to see fun, humor centered characters for the cards, in the size of standard playing cards with the picture being roughly 50% of the card. I’ve attached a link to another board game that has a similar style of artwork to what we are looking for; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gapclosergames/rival-restaurants/description

The game is called Inconvenience Store and involves up to 4 players running their own convenience store and all the trials and tribulations that come with working retail. Players can choose to run their own Mom and Pop store where they have some control of what goes on but struggle to meet the bottom line, or they can choose to be slaves to a corporate overlord that make you adhere to strict guidelines. Whichever store you choose, the employees will call off, be lazy, get sick, and quit at a moments notice. Lose too many, and you'll have to close early. Just remember, the customer is always right, and there are several of them you have to serve before the end of each day. Manage to make them all happy and you're well on your way to squashing the competition. Fail to keep with demand or cause a customer to call in a complaint and you might have to lock your doors for good.

If you've every worked retail before, this is a game guaranteed to make you laugh, then cry, because of its painfully accurate depiction of the joys of working retail.

If you are interested you can submit artwork to me via here (or if you have a website/portfolio online you can send a link). Ideally we are looking for someone that would like 25% of any/all profits of the game (with 1 artist we have a 4 person team). If upfront is something you'd rather have, we can definitely discuss cost/etc with you on a personal basis.

Sincerely,

Your Name In A Box/William Cooper
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2019, 9:57:33 AM
You will have no problem getting amateur artist willing to risk working for 0 but they will be unreliable, good luck finding a pro artist willing to work for nothing at worse tho...

Imo you are better of offering right away fix commission and forget about the 25% of all profit .

"someone that would like 25% of any"

yea not gonna work on reliable professionals.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Apr 16, 2019, 6:27:56 PM
I appreciate you responding. As stated previously, we can definitely accommodate upfront payments. We would prefer someone wanting to venture with us, but that is not a needed thing. We are just hoping to find an artist that can give our game the wow factor when you first see the box and unwrap the cards. Cheers though, and hopefully someone thinks its worth at least looking into.

Side note, If any artists look at this and don't like the idea of taking the cut option. Feel free to contact me, or post here, to discuss your pricing.

Again, appreciate the feedback Head_Less. We are confident, when the time is right, the right artist will emerge. Have a great afternoon!
I am not a professional artist but I have two friends who consider themselves "semi-pro", with one graduating school for it and doing commissions already, and another only doing it as a hobby with no formal training.

These individuals do not have Path of Exile accounts, and there is no means of contact in the OP. Would you PM me a preferred e-mail or other method of contact, so I can send them more than a URL to this thread (with the additional hoops of making an account, posting, etc. etc.).

A direct line I can send them, if they are interested, will let them get right to messaging you.
Bring back race seasons.
I have PM'd you. Thanks again for reaching out and helping spread the word.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info