Dune MMO

Last bumped on Apr 16, 2019, 9:44:05 PM
Maybe the best approach would be using existing engines with games fitting the requirements, and give the modding community tools to work their magic.
Would be slow but cheap, and if they manage to come up with something that pulls enough players and good reviews, someone could step in and make it more legit on a bigger scale.

Or, if you insist, whatever the current pop meta is, just focus on making a good "battle royal" or "pubg" clone that focuses only on pvp on arrakis, with different modes, capture/destroy objectives, defend spice harvesters, survive a sandworm attack in a skirmish vs other houses, with or without vehicles, small and huge maps, lots of options with a (if done right) different atmosphere and art style. Easy to add some meaningful gear customisation kit mechanics like in battlefield.

Shouldn't be too hard to make something nice out of it,
if some studios just weren't such fucking [Removed by Support] about releasing modding support!
Last edited by Clint on Apr 15, 2019, 9:35:53 AM
Done properly, it would be amazing. Agree though happy with awaiting the new remake. Would rather it done not at all than a what PUBG world? Gah.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

Besides, it would have to have loot boxes. Has there ever been a more appropriate name for a loot box than Pain Box? I can see the flavour text now...

Whats in the box?
Pain...or maybe a super rare Harkonnen Weapon!

Found these the other day looking for something else. A 1997 card game illustrated by

Mark Zug

"
Charan wrote:
Honestly, just be fucking grateful we are getting a Villeneuve movie remake. It will never top Lynch's version for nailing the pomp and gravitas of the book but at least it might make some sense. And unlike the dire scifi mini series, it shouldnt treat Paul like a wannabe Neo.

Pomp and gravitas! (the at least it made sense lol aside).

Neo wannabe? Ahahaha what in tarnation. What. I haven't seen it, just am horrified.

Old school techno by EON, the spice must flow

"
erdelyii wrote:

Great picture. Great books.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:

Great picture. Great books.

Yup!

The Mark Zug link has a bunch more Dune character images from the set if you haven't clicked it.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
mark zug is a legend. dont google the early mtg artists btw. some were old even then...

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with the cards he drew. He isn't my favourite magic artist (can't decide between Nils Hamm, Seb McKinnon and Raymond Swanland), but he's certainly not my least favourite either.

I should really get into Dune at some point... but I already have about 6 or so books waiting to be read, so if it's going to happen, it's not going to happen soon.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Nah, just nah. Let sleeping worms lie.

I did like the ccg though, it was a little linear but fun, and the Mark Zug arts for that series are all amazing.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
鬼殺し wrote:
mark zug is a legend. dont google the early mtg artists btw. some were old even then...

What do you mean by old even then?

House Ordos doesn't exist. I would definitely play a Dune MMO, but only if the universe of books is respected.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Apr 17, 2019, 9:09:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info