YT volume suddenly all over the place

Used to have my PC main volume at 50% and YT too.
Headphones got a little wheel to fine tune it.
Been like this for years all perfect.

Suddenly different channels started putting out videos with ridiculously range in volume. I have to crank my PC to 100 and YT too to hear anything,
it's such a mess having to set everything seperate every time autoplay kicks in and then it's again a wild guess from 10% to 90% volume...

I can't be the only one.
Anyone else noticed this? Wtf is going on?
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2019, 10:59:16 AM
There's been a disparity between channel volumes for quite some time now. No idea what initially made it happen (a few channels even have some weird discrepancies from one video to another), but it definitely exists.
Many people have no idea how to post process audio and apply ridiculous ranges, from -24db to 0db. This used to be a massive issue many years ago but it seems to have gotten better. There are great many ways in which this can happen. I suspect also that you don't watch same people all the time which is why eventually you might catch a bad batch.
My personal favourite is when b-roll music is 3x louder than the spoken word, amateur reviewers do that a lot.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I watch a select few channels and not much outside of those. All of them are by professional Youtubers (as in, it's their main source of income) with 5+ years of experience.
Additional possibility" go over your browser addons, sometimes updates to those do weird shit, I once had an addon which switched youtube from html5 back to flash, after a year it decided to start autoplaying videos everywhere because of a dumb update. Try using a different device and watch same videos and see if the effect is still in place.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info