Help a returning CBT PoE Player out...

Hey, guys!
I played loads of PoE back in the day (multiple k hours).
But I somewhat quit the game, because I had to deal with real life stuff, but I got that sorted out and returned to the game recently after not playing for multiple years, so you can imagine my surprise about how the game has changed (in a really good way, thankfully). Obviously, there are so many new things, that I couldn't really decide on what to do in this season, so I just rolled with a Templar and decided to just go with whatever I get.
Since I got a pretty good bow early on and loved my totem builds in the past, I went for some weird totem build and it worked pretty well.
So, basically, I went with a Hierophant, took all the totem passives, I use The Tempest as my weapon and a 6L Thousand ribbons as my chest piece (just because it was pretty cheap and I like to have my EleProlif).
The build has pretty much 0 survivability and I mostly rely on running around and just not taking hits, which works out well for the most part.

The main issue I have is the survivability (I know, I can upgrade the gear and change some nodes around, but it won't change that much, at least inside the budget of some 50-100 chaos) and the fact that my damage output feels pretty much capped at this point, I bought a 350 ele DPS bow today and it makes me deal worse damage than with my Tempest.

After that I was thinking of maybe switching to just going for self-attack Ele bow build, just scrapping the totems, or going for a spell totem build, as I have already leveled some spells to 20 and a spell totem as well.

I tried to change my passives on the tree and all, but I am not convinced about what to do and I really don't want to make things worse, as this is not perfect, but I still can easily and quickly farm t8-t9 maps and pretty much all random rare t1-t5 maps.

So, I am turning to the community for help - please, check my passives and gear, give me your opinion on what I should go for, considering that I can change my Ascendancy and respect like 50 pts + have some 150 chaos in currency.

Thanks in advance,

Grimnir Laguz.

P.S. - I know that there are already a bunch of builds available and I will have people say to just follow those, but you have to understand that all of this new stuff is just way too much information to process for an OG PoE player, so, please, give me your suggestions.
Last edited by Grimnir_Laguz on Mar 17, 2019, 8:39:48 AM
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2019, 10:28:41 AM
Hi Grimnir,

You need to disable "hide characters tab" in your privacy settings (it's enabled by default), otherwise we cannot inspect your char in your profile. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info