Divine Ire Trickster: Build Guide and Synthesis Starter Walk-through

March 22 Edit:

I am not maintaining this forum post. I did not enjoy the playstyle of the skill because it hurt my wrist. Divine Ire is certainly very strong, but it's not what I was looking for in a build.

If I tried Divine Ire again, I would try two things:
1. Life + Eldritch Battery. The introduction of "Spell Damage Leeched as Energy Shield" is essentially Mana Leech for spell casters, which is great. More Mana Reservation as well.
2. Ignite Elementalist. All Lightning Damage, Ele Equilibrium, and Stormfire ring. Just make sure you don't have any "Fire Damage added to Spells" on your gear.

I am creating this thread now in order to detail my progress through the first few days of Synthesis League on my starter Divine Ire Trickster.

I will update this walk-through later, and will then add a guide. I stream as well -- feel free to come and ask any questions:
https://www.twitch.tv/perrythepig

My planning (before Synthesis League started) was based on this following POB, which contains multiple skill trees. I estimated my damage based on Blade Vortex with 10 stacks, but it was a rough estimate. Be sure to check the various skill trees, using the dropdown menu on the bottom-left of your POB window:

https://pastebin.com/uQJQXWJU

Notes about Divine Ire:

Area of Effect:
Increases and reductions to AOE will affect two things:
1. The area of the point-blank explosion that discharges around your character when you release your channel;
2. The area around your character that you will "zap" as you channel the skill.

There is no noticeable change to the beam at all. Rory from GGG has confirmed that multipliers like Concentrated Effect will still increase the damage of your beam.

There is an argument to be made for *not* using Concentrated Effect while you are mapping. If you Shield Charge or Flame Dash into a big pack, you can often rely on the Point Blank AOE Explosion to kill mobs behind you and on both of your sides. If you're using Conc Effect, that AOE Explosion is not going to carry your clear as hard.

Zealotry vs Wrath:
If you have any source of "Physical Damage gained as Extra X", or "Lightning Damage gained as Extra Y", then Zealotry is likely a better aura for your build.
If you don't have such multipliers, then Wrath will be better for you (assuming you use Physical to Lightning).

Support Links:
The highest DPS links for Divine Ire are the following:
1. Concentrated Effect
2. Infused Channeling (high priority)
3. Hypothermia *
4. Physical to Lightning (high priority)
5. Elemental Focus **
6. Controlled Destruction
7. Lightning Penetration (sixth link)

* Hypothermia is a valid choice here because chilling an enemy is always reasonably simple. You can use a CWDT - Cold Snap to ensure that even Shaper is chilled. Also, if you have source of "Physical Damage gained as extra Cold Damage", you have a source of chill.

** I do not recommend Elemental Focus for this character. For low tier content, you want to be shattering with Herald of Ice. For high tier content, given the mechanics of this skill, it is very realistic that you will be able to shock bosses, even Shaper and Uber Elder.

End of Day 1:

Spoiler

Health: 4354
Unreserved Mana: 1237

Hideout DPS: 25,238

Notes:
Transitioned from Ele Overload to Crit
Completed Uber Lab

Main Skill Links:
Divine Ire
Infused Channeling
Physical to Lightning Support
Onslaught

Mana Reservation:
Herald of Ice

Skill Tree:
https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAN0AECYAAGuU8fiX-_W0OOUZjDZVS2HiJpUWv4nTcFIqC13yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRf8YwW6yXHYOiow_EO3yTJ2wLIvRtGQj0akO86iycBUJBltD1rrNMswQHg9tVxjpY6-RfKhBYdhERLXyD6-6a4EWdU1KFMpctSU-8qjLRRUfAZgSzogDwH67_gpvVpjD4OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPcYUbtDlJKwitO9q5IAYzbGae-tIWb-NqHRSOZPemtvrviPk3189JsY_66_XDCfIduZORR4CzM6PaO_mkcNRMg3SBAAAAAAA=

Day 1 Atlas:

End of Day 2:

Spoiler

Energy Shield: 6,930

Hideout DPS: 44,426

Notes:
Transitioned to CI
Completed Atziri

Main Skill Links:
Divine Ire
Physical to Lightning
Infused Channeling
Concentrated Effect
Controlled Destruction

Mana Reservation:
Herald of Ice
Wrath
Discipline

Skill Tree:
https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAOsAECYAAHKU8fiX-_W0OOUZjDaJ03BSKgtd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h3sGCy_f8YwW6yXHYOTJ--I-TfXz0mxvoqhL8rTtAzqug18NAo3ZiymkNaiow_EO3y4ysHzlSAdTzW5pysRUG0Z2VsbJUuu6QItH0yzIG5QMNteEQ9-r40Z4BLZX92MrrNBltD1BUIsnBBYdhGsmPfXhEhca8Nt4veboY9GHRSOZPemtvr60hcvZOdV1oCkZp4WQIV9tzGMdnIPcYXauSAGG7Q5SSsIrTtwu_mkcNRMg3SBM6PaO5FHgLMAAAAAAA==

Day 2 Atlas:

End of Day 3:

Last edited by CatOfGreatness on Mar 22, 2019, 3:48:48 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2019, 11:47:07 AM
FYI Pastebin is loading as Witch-Elementalist not Shadow-Trickster. Looks good otherwise.
"
kwiknez wrote:
FYI Pastebin is loading as Witch-Elementalist not Shadow-Trickster. Looks good otherwise.

There are multiple skill trees listed in that POB -- I've adjusted it in hopes of the low-level Tree being the first one that shows up. The toggle is on the bottom-left of your POB window.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info