Versatile build to farm t16 Maps (with Bosses) Incursions and stupid Beasts.

Hello Exile!

Today I wanna share with you a Build that has been very fun for mapping, Bossing and farming Delve or Incursions (T16).

Note: I'm playing Standard for the most part but it's very doable without any Legacy items since we scale Mana. This makes the build reach high levels of ES without any insane rare's with high ES numbers. You can run about any map mods besides elemental reflect and cannot leech is very annoying but doable.

There are a few Build guides out there and everyone has their own take on the build. Please check out the other guides as well to make an informed decision if you wanna invest into it since it can reach insane levels of currency if you really want to minmax.

But without further ado, let's get to the build!

CONCEPT

We're a Hierophant and utilizing the insane mana scaling to reach up to 2000% increased spell damage with Indigon. Since our main clear skill is VD in a Poet's Pen we also are Low Life and use Elemental Overload to have a sudo 5L since we gain 30% more spell damage through Pain Attunement and 40% more elemental damage through Elemental Overload. Since we use Skyforth for powercharge generation and stun immunity we can't regen energy shield. To counter that we take Ghostreaver and Vaal Pact to have some insane leech potential.

Leveling (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Spoiler

This build is just perfect for the upcomming patch 3.6 because you can level as a self caster and even stay a self caster if you want to. I will definitely go with is since it provides so much benefits.

Start as a Life and MoM caster either go with Totems Brands or whatever you want. We gain a 40% MoM youc can even follow the engdame tree 1:1 while leveling and only have to focus on your Life/Mana Balance to gain the maximum effect of Mind over Matter.

Level 39 Tree

At this stage without any gear or Ascendency boost we already have 905 Life and 963 Mana which gives us a effective HP pool of 1290.

After leveling it myself on standard pretty quick, SSF gear and no leveling uniques or stuff like that I get to about 1540 EHP (1100 Life and 1022 Mana)

If you are using Brands to level I'd take Runebinder and EO for some nice damage against single target.

Level 69 Tree

Level 80 Tree

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/K72WK9d7

The lone jewel socket with 2000% increased spell damage and increased attack speed is to simulate the Indigon buff and Slipstram of the Harbinger

Minimal Gear

Spoiler

The rest can be rare with Mana, Resist and Energy Shield

Current Gear

Spoiler
The big damage

Indigon was nerfed pretty hard and still it's a very powerful item with a lot of potential. If you want you can farm or buy a +1 VD enchant but that's really expensive and not needed for that build to work.

The big surviving

We're Low Life. That means unless you want to have a hard time against chaos damage you need a Shav's or Solaris Lorica to survive any incoming chaos damage. With my legacy Shav's I have 7458 energy shield and with a Solaris Lorica I have 6252. The difference is noticable but not that huge since Solaris Lorica gives no ES at all which prooves the build doesn't need any insane ES gear to reach nice ES levels.

The big weapons

The pen is mightier then the sword they said, and they were right!
Poet's pen is a really nice weapon concept. You attack and trigger a spell. The pens have a internal cooldown of 0,25 seconds which can be modified with the cooldown reduction mod on shaper belts and shaper boots. I use a Harbinger belt since it's providing everything we need besides resists. With 18% CDR the cooldown of the pens becomes 0.205 seconds which translates to 4,88 triggered spells per second.

The big fashion

Once very expensive but now not trendy anymore. But just perfect for this build! Skyforth are amazing boots. They provide us with Powercharges a lot of Mana and stun immunity. Stun immune since the math is simple. The attacker needs to deal damage equal to at least 10% of the targets maximum life or 50% to ensure the stun. As we have about 10k mana this needs to be a 50k damage hit to have a chance to stun us and a 250k damage hit to ensure a stun. We don't survive either so we are indeed immune to stuns.

The big currency save

That belt is just insane. It gives us attack speed, energy recovery and cooldown reduction as well as occasional slipstreams as a buff from our Harbinger. Slipstreams while as sextant mod totally useless gives us 20% increased action speed so it scales animations, attacks and movement speed. Comparable with a mirror tier shaped belt if you get the %increased Energy Shield corruption.

The big resist

Some rare rings. Look for Mana, Mana Regen, Resists, Attack Speed and ES. You can get an elder ring with Warlords Mark on hit which would give you some very nice sustain and tankiness but I did hit Poachers Mark and it gives me some kind of a Pathfinder bonus since I never run out of flasks since then. I solved the leech with a merciless lab leech enchant for mapping but for bossing the Warlords Mark mod is the best bet.

The big regen

You're free to use any other amulet you seem fit but I happend to craft that badboy which gives me more ES and mana regen than the unique alternative:

The big CWDT

You could use Atziri's Acuity but I found that taking VP on the tree gives me the needed dexterity and frees up an item slot for more res and mana. Voidbringer with a +2 to socketed AOE or Aura gem corruption is a very potent option sice it boosts our manacost which shortens our ramp up of Indigon damage as well as getting our purities to level 23 or 24 if you are lucky and get 3 level 21 purities.

The big negation

I found myself struggling with the chaos damage from incursion mobs and this negates a lot of incoming damage as well as boosting our damage even further since the 15% elemental damage as extra chaos is about 15000 chaos damage when ramped up. Which translates to even more ES leech when needed.

The big filler

Use whatever you need. I wanted some elemental res and defensive flasks as well as some immunities to certain mechanics. Get a curse remove and bleed remove flask if you are not able to get a jewel with the corrupted blood mod

Gem Links

Spoiler

Damage Skill:

Gem Level is king when it comes to spells. Get a lvl 21 VD if you can and at least character level 75. If you are level 100 with a lvl 21 VD you'd have a lvl 25 VD since poets pen gives us +1 for every 25 character levels. That's like having a lvl 5 empower attached to your sudo 5 link.

Enabler:

No VD without corpses. Because of that we need to have that setup in our main hand or weapon slot 1 since it will cast the corpses before VD triggers in the off hand. The level of the generated corpses doesn't really matter since our VD is only scaled by spell damage and not the corpse explosion part.

Trigger:

Frenzy to generate frenzy charges which give us 4% more damage per charge, so 12% more damage at all times. GMP for more projectiles and faster attacks for attacking faster (GENIUS). I use chain so I can curse a whole pack in 1 attack and I love seeing green projectiles bouncing around. It's a mana multiplier which is great as well. Combustion for -19% fire res to ignited enemies and multistrike for the insane 180% mana multiplier which shortens our Indigon ramp quite a lot!

Auras on Mana:

Triple Purity since max res is something that is very nice to have. If you can get lvl 21s it's great I don't really care that much but a Impurity of Fire is very nice for bosses like Shaper/Uber Elder or Guardians. Get Inquisitor ascendency for free! :D

Auras on Blood:

To reach Low Life we have to reserve at least 65% of our life but why not go all the way. I chose Discipline and Clarity as my auras on life since Discipline gives some nice ES and Clarity for mana regen and future Watchers Eye mods when I get a good one ^^

Bullshit negation:

To the guy who thought Porcupines where a good idea. My character would like to treat your face with acid :^). Jokes aside Immortal Call with CWDT and Increased Duration is one of the best defenses against physical dmg in all forms. No Vaal Immortal Call needed btw!

Free inventory space:

Put it besides your CWDT setup and do not link it. This is worth about 10 ex since it frees up a inventory slot ;)

Jewels

Spoiler

Life as Mana:

We convert every life we can to mana since that's how we scale our ES pool.

Flat Mana

Grand Spectrum gives us flat mana. Each Grand Spectrum scales with the others that means: (30+30+30)*3=270 flat mana.

Mana Cost

The only thing that's interesting is the increased mana cost of skills. Since we have 2000% increased spell damage from Indigon, diminishing returns is a big factor and the 44% I gain are equal to 0 but since we have to spend mana in order to gain the Indigon effect the increased mana cost is the perfect stat.

2 very nice jewels for us. Pure Talent gives us 0.5% of maximum mana regenerated per second which is 10000*0,005=50 mana per second! As well as 5% elemental penetration since we start as Templar. And on top 25 to all attributes.
Tempered Spirit gives us again flat mana to scale. When allocated in the jewel socket between Blood and Mana Drinker near the shadow start it gives us 120 flat mana.

Jewel Locations
Spoiler

Healthy Mind at the Scion area

To convert the Scion life square to mana. The effect stacks when the jewel influence overlaps.

Healthy Mind near the Witch mate

Tempered Spirit near the Shadow

As said before 120 flat Mana when allocated in that specific jewel socket.

Some PoB stuff and screenshots

Spoiler

Effective Shaper damage without Arcane Surge

Nothing else to say, just PoB damage without offensive flasks or Arcane Surge.

Bullshit Shaper damage without Arcane Surge

With offensive flasks up and Vaal Impurity of Fire.

Defensive and Offensive stats ingame
Res without flasks

Res with flasks

Normal tooltip without flasks

Also no Arcane Surge

Tooltip with flasks and ramp in hideout. No Frenzy or Power charges up.

Again no Arcane Surge up and the ramp is about half complete so take account for at least double damage

On a last note I wanna talk about the damage calculation. As you can see in PoB I have about 116k damage per hit with Vaal Impurity of Fire up and 86 with our Combustion setup without any flasks. Let's take the middle and say we deal 100k per hit with a Volatile. With Arcane Surge up it should be something like 120k since 100k*1,1 and 50% added to increased while we have Arcane Aurge. 120k*3=360k 360k*4.8= 1,728 million shaper dps.

Hope you found that Guide helpful and interesting. If you feel the need to contact me @Un_known ingame or PM me on the forum.

If you are a filthy rich bastard that doesn't know what to do with his thousands of mirrors I would appreciate a little tip. Or you could check out these amazing crafters and give them some love <3

Ahfack the madlad himself: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134/page/1
Demi the smol tato: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
Zippo the 4 tab scrub: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2024779

Special thanks to Darkxellmc for making a guide I could follow and change up for my needs. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2230138
IGN: Sirius_A
Safe and Cheap uber lab enchantment Service.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957710
Uber lab is love. Uber lab is life.
IGN: Sirius_A
Last edited by Un_kn0wn on Mar 12, 2019, 1:10:30 PM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2019, 7:44:31 PM
Well written guide, Exile!
+1 for Puns :D
༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Dalariana on Feb 28, 2019, 7:57:32 AM
You are a madman for completing the normal lab on 26 without dying and with white items^^.

No really your Guide looks really interesting, i will try it.
Thanks.
oof ! great job man, insane !
My mirror thread : view-thread/2024779
#4_tab_crafter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info