Logos and Fonts for Leagues

I have to say....
Who ever does the Logos for the league start, just stop you are not suited for this Job.
Ill be honest, and while its harsh, pls take this as constructive critic.

When i saw the Synthesis Logo today on the opening screen of POE i just cringed.

Plain text in a weirdly normal fond and some blue ottoman carpet design as background.

Its so plain, it feels like there was no effort put to create it, but its something every player sees when he want to play the game.

The Betrayal sign before is just as plain and boring and hard to look at and all in all imo all the font used is very unpolished and rough around the edges - literally.

It wouldnt have been that hard to look up a fitting font for the new league name, as Synthesis make one think about Robots/Computer etc. and then looking for a glitch font would be similary easy and would have looked way better than plain boring heatless text which looks like the same old shit again with just changed letters.

Take it to heart and i hope youll improve upon this.
Last edited by CarNiVooRa on Feb 19, 2019, 10:36:22 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2019, 4:06:10 AM
@ CarNiVooRa who wrote: "...blah blah blah..."

Your approach renders your... arguments invalid, and it's not just the potential for fallacy behind the erroneous notion of your self-esteem, you are... plain failure in reasoning.

Is that what you understand when you look at that particular logotype?
You see... plain text, a... normal yet somehow... weird font, on some rug pattern!

I can assure you, I don't.

I see a solid lettering, a simple yet strong design, standing tall like doric columns, maybe because that's the way the players will have to fight their way through the monsters that inhabit Cavas' memories in order to activate stabilisers before the memories collapse around them, collapse the way ancient collumns do, after standing tall for millenia, get it?

Over a secret, blurry, unfathomable message written in... dunno, my guess is devanagari script, a message from the broken remains of the subconscious of a desperate man, reaching out to the players that have to piece together its fragments in order to navigate the void in Cavas' weary mind, and reach his distant memories, delving(!) deeper and deeper within the darkest recesses, where dangerous and twisted manifestations lie in wait.

As for "...constructive criticism..." you, my friend, are incapable of such, because you simply lack the respect.
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
Man, design people are such pedants geez...
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 28, 2019, 9:44:44 PM
Seems like ive hit a spot,

It may have been kind of disrespectful what ive said, especially against those whove worked on it, however you can interpret as much as you want into the logo, people are not all art majors and wont see it your way, but my way.

The Logo doesnt look good and only the colours really resonate with the league well, nothing else.

And even i could have made that Logo easily, in 1 day. Literally 1.

Thats why it pissed me off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info