~WIP Diablo II style "Zeal" Splashing trickster Shadow

Notes: This build is currently a work in progress, and may be better on a different character type ~currently level 76 for mine~
trying a duelist version as well ~level 10~ i feel that one has more potential due to multitude of life perks compared to shadow;

this is also my first build that i feel may have potential i dont like to follow standard builds; cause i like being creative; i welcome anyone to use this as an idea but modify at will; This build works best at low levels for standard walking play; and high levels when all passive perks have been selected

Currently my shadow can handle t6-t8 maps depending on mods; but not the bosses I am working on a fix for this i have not had the chance to try this on Uberlab and Elder (mainly due to not having uberlab unlocked) I stopped playing in 1.4.5 and only got back into it a couple months back;

due to my playstyle and workings my current stats are
Spoiler

12k-42k DPS (without buffing heralds-with them and in battle due to perks)
~3k HP (but surprisingly not that squishy against mobs)
~5.6APS
~30% Critical chance per weapon 215% crit damage (this translates to a ~40% Chance to cast ice nova as well with each weapon due to item linking)
Changed weapons to 1.88/1.68APS dual
Bleeding and poison are added for about 500-1200 DPS combined
2.4% LL from any attack 2.8% from bloodseeker (instant) 1.2%ML
5% phys dmg reduce (gear is mainly Evasion but not near peak)
34% evade
23% CTB with dual wield
75 75 74 res/ 99 83 74 totals
gains endurance Frenzy and power charges which peak the dps to 42k while topped out (4 4 5 i think?

The Plan
Spoiler
Create a melee character that can attack multiple people at the same time repeatedly; like a zealer in diablo II hitting up to 5 people,
in this case hitting up to 3 people twice and hitting everyone nearby up to six times (if splash works like i think it does; might only cast 1 time but im not sure yet)
have enough resists and life leech so that you can tank nearly anything coming at you:
Most of the kills are caused by splash; which can take out many monsters at once (43 in one shot is my current swarm record)
Curse multitudes of enemies in one shot to provide maximum life and mana leech;

Experienced pros and cons
Spoiler
+great for crowd control
+very fast attacking
-Bad against single orange bosses that do not swarm minions
+Agile with whirling blades and flicker strike
+easily interchangeable items Single / dual weapon and weapon types
+uses multiple frost type supports to hinder enemies
-Leech% and Vaal Pact is a must
- and + Squishy against stronger foes in my current due to low life; but handles group summoning foes with ease; tanks due to life leech speed
-being frozen is a pain; almost guarantees death unless you have a potion to cancel it
-Warlords mark is a near must

Notable Passive skills required/recommended
Spoiler
Ascendancy; Harness the Void, Weave the Arcane and Patient Reaper
Standard Tree Vaal Pact+Vitality Void+Thick Skin+Bloodless;
Anything with Life leech/attack speed/mana leech/Life%/Leech Speed and blocking and reduced mana reservation (you will need at least 8%)
then
depending on your playstyle these can be changed
I swapped to Claw types; so claw damage perks and such are A +
dual wielding block chance+damages+speeds

a couple of suggested items
Spoiler

Carcass Jack armor (6L) for splash radius and damage boost
Mark of Submission Ring for Unlinked cursing without issue/Elder ring with cast warlords mark on it
Carnage heart (or better) amulet

Current Skills and linkings
Spoiler
My items:The Wasp nest + Bloodseeker
ClawL Vortex/Coldsnap/trigger when damage taken
ClawR Blade fury;cast while channeling;Blade vortex (for a temporary offense and defense buff blade vortex lasts while channeling; and blade fury will hit certain people nearby followed with flicker)
Hat Rats nest Riposte+Flicker Strike+Melee Splash+Endurance charge on melee stun
Boot Rare Res and speed boosters whirling blades+faster attacks+Blind+War Banner
Glove Rare Res boosters Heralds of Ice + purity + Hatred + (variable)
Armor Carcass Jack Multistrike+Melee Splash+Maim+Cast on Critical+Ice Nova+Double Strike
Attribute amu with Res + Life
Elder Ring with Mark on hit; + life
Res Ring with life

Best Experienced playstyle
Spoiler

use flicker strike and/or Whirling blades to enter battle/exit battle Due to ascendancy perk using flicker/whirling will boost 20% Attack speed for 4 seconds jumping dps from 12k/30k->35/42k (with my weapons and without/with boosts)

Standing and tanking isn't a bad idea when monsters do not use cold attacks:

motion skills save your life;

jumping between swarm sections allows multitudes of cursed monsters and scattered DPS between mob swarms enabling faster swarm slaying;

Focus on the freezing monsters first like those pesky goat shaman

consistent and often use of motion skills peak DPS over longer periods of time

i utilized this combination on a t7 (Dunes with bloodline perks and 10% increased phys damage taken by all (and other perks i didn't memorize)) map in order to eliminate an approximate 100 mobs in a single cluster without dying; against 4 magical groups, 2 rare groups and an unknown amount of nonmagical groups which contained goat shaman' trying to freeze me, which would have killed me;

keep jumping around in the group.

Thanks for reading; i am not sure if there is a similar build to this but this is my take on it; and as i said it is a work in progress on a shadow AND a Duelist;
Last edited by cjp1123 on Feb 16, 2019, 1:51:35 PM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2019, 4:21:58 AM
posting a 2k hp build is quite funny, do you think it is t1 viable? lol
ive been t7 with it np :P thanks and mind you its a wip the char is leveling still and the stats are bound to go up; will be updated as needed to show this as well
abandoned the shadow based build temporarily; until the new release so i can reset everything to be more towards ideal;
Liable to also run a shield instead of Dual Claws; making last minute decisions in regards to this; but temporarily for leveling purposes i have re-situated as a Never ending Cyclone warrior. I will work on original post and redo it as i reset back to base with the new release
"
cjp1123 wrote:
ive been t7 with it np :P

ooh, t7!
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Mar 19, 2019, 1:43:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info