Wings of Entropy (Shadow) Theory build

Hey all, please help. Especially if you groaned when you read "Wings of Entropy", you're the person I want to hear from!

So, I am SC Betrayal SSF (keep SSF in mind please). I was playing Reloads' Pure Physical Cyclone Raider, which is awesome of course and steamrolls content. Wings of Entropy dropped...not a great one, but not a bad one. Just to familiarize for the discussion:
[dbLinkedItem id="12676183014"]

I tried it on, and it was showing much higher (30%) tooltip DPS than my Kondo's Pride, and I was using Brutality support so the fire and chaos damage weren't even counted.

So that made me wonder if I should give WOE another look. I've always been interested in them, they just seem really cool when I think about them, even in this game's mechanics but also just alone. So I thought, maybe a shadow could boost the chaos and physical at the same time, and then I could run down to the duelist tree and grab the nice dual and 2-h nodes there. Perhaps something like this, but I'm sure this isn't refined. I saw the life and defense was low so I made some tweaks to my first go. I know it could be much better even for my purposes.

https://tinyurl.com/y8n4g329

For skills obviously I need something that doesn't remove the fire and chaos, but not necessarily something that boosts them.

I was thinking, for area, Sunder-Multi-Faster-Inc. Area-Conc. Effect-Melee on full life

?

For Single target, Heavy-Multi-Faster-Maim-Melee on full life-Melee Damage

?

As you can see, I still have much to learn, even with those skill choices there's probably a lot better for this build.

Any help would be awesome!
Last bumped on Dec 27, 2018, 5:13:19 PM
Help in the spirit of Christmas?
Honestly, I would probably pick Duelist/Slayer over Shadow/Trickster. This is coming from a guy that likes the Shadow class the most out of all of the classes.

You are just getting a whole lot more tankiness and survival by going Slayer. Overleech and just all of the nodes in general for the Slayer ascendancy are so good for the build. Another main thing is that a lot of the better life wheels are closer to a Duelist than a Shadow. This is another way to grab even more life efficiently. A Slayer's passives naturally boosts up two handed weapons too so that is free DPS. Overleech is simply overpowered.

I honestly hate the skill Molten Strike, but it seems like it would be really good for the build. 60% of your physical damage converted to fire damage, and you already have some flat fire damage from WoE which further boosts your DPS too. Point Blank makes Molten Strike even more busted and it is very close to the Duelist's starting tree. With the benefit of increased attack speed from dual wielding along with the two handed/axe attack speed nodes, you can get some decent amount of DPS.

Since Molten Strike gets used so fast and each ball hits, Overleech does wonders for this and even allows you to face-tank safely. The added chaos damage is really just a bonus at this point.

Trickster does sound cool, but this simply looks like Duelist would handle this item a whole lot better. The dual wielding DPS nodes are even within the Duelist's area too.
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 27, 2018, 4:10:34 PM
"
Honestly, I would probably pick Duelist/Slayer over Shadow/Trickster. This is coming from a guy that likes the Shadow class the most out of all of the classes.

You are just getting a whole lot more tankiness and survival by going Slayer. Overleech and just all of the nodes in general for the Slayer ascendancy are so good for the build. Another main thing is that a lot of the better life wheels are closer to a Duelist than a Shadow. This is another way to grab even more life efficiently. A Slayer's passives naturally boosts up two handed weapons too so that is free DPS. Overleech is simply overpowered.

I honestly hate the skill Molten Strike, but it seems like it would be really good for the build. 60% of your physical damage converted to fire damage, and you already have some flat fire damage from WoE which further boosts your DPS too. Point Blank makes Molten Strike even more busted and it is very close to the Duelist's starting tree. With the benefit of increased attack speed from dual wielding along with the two handed/axe attack speed nodes, you can get some decent amount of DPS.

Since Molten Strike gets used so fast and each ball hits, Overleech does wonders for this and even allows you to face-tank safely. The added chaos damage is really just a bonus at this point.

Trickster does sound cool, but this simply looks like Duelist would handle this item a whole lot better. The dual wielding DPS nodes are even within the Duelist's area too.

Yeah, alas I agree with you. I started to think as I continued with my Kondo's Raider that Slayer was better. I can still head back to shadow for the chaos damage boosts. I got a Pure Talent jewel early and might use that still here, because I was thinking blood magic gem might be my sixth link. The extra leech from Pure talent for duelist, plus the crit from shadow start, will be nice.

That way, I could use up all mana for auras to boost further, and it handles a bit of the problem of how the links for WOE are not as efficient due to the strange damage combination.

I wish I didn't have to use Molten strike but you're right of course. That should be, at least, my single-target face melter. I still think Sunder works for clearing, will do that too.

thanks for the reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info