3.5 Fireball/Magma Orb COC Need Suggestions

Hey everyone, I've always enjoyed COC with cyclone so I decided to attempt to make a fire version here is what I have come up with. the damage output is amazing it melts stuff however it seems a little lacking on defensive side randomly get popped occasionally, I would appreciate any input on making this a solid build

Gear

Helm - Hrimnors resolve

Main Hand Doryani's Catalyst

Off Hand Lycosidae

Chest Belly Of The Beast

Neck Xophs Blood

Boots Inya's Epiphany

Belt life/resist stygian vise

Gloves Life/resist/attack speed fingerless silk

Rings Life/Resist/Life on Hit Two Stone

Skills
6Link Fireball-Magma Orb-Cyclone-Cast On Crit-Fire Penetration-Combustion
3Link Blasphemy-Enlighten-Flammability
2Link Herald of Ash-Empower
3Link Cast When Damage Taken-Lightning Golem-Enfeeble
4Link Shield Charge-Faster Attacks-Fortify-Blood Magic

Pastebin for path of building https://pastebin.com/rMeTUqfL

Thanks all

Last bumped on Dec 31, 2018, 10:50:00 AM
I'm a bit late to this post, but I found it while searching for any fireball build and it looks amazing (although xoph's blood for me is a bit too expensive to try this out for now).

regarding your question: you only have 120% life in the tree (and thus only 4.5k life, even with a belly), this might have to do something with you getting popped every now and then.

also PoB only shows your fire res properly capped (with dying sun anyways), cold res it shows as 65%, and lightning as 72%.

I now got curious as I might want to try this build myself eventually, so I did a deeper analysis (for myself primarily actually ^^), and for better readability put it into spoilers.

quick analysis
At the same time I do not really understand why you use inya's ephiphany (the boots). usually these are used for generating easy power charges (like a jugg generates endurance charges). but you are an assassin, if there is one thing which should not be a problem it is generating power charges. the 6% damage per power charge is not a huge chunk of damage.
I did some settings in PoB which seem reasonable, and the fireball damage is 161k with the boots and 148k without the boots, so I predict it will still melt things. Invest in some proper life/resist boots instead.

tree changes suggested
I would also suggest to not take firewalker and purity of flesh, but to take devotion (all three nodes) instead (only 6k~ish hit damage drop)

Next thing is, don't take the Elemental Focus node (and its two bystanders) either. Take Coordination and the second small life node at Cruel preperation instead (one point left)

also, don't take the five nodes for Celestial Punishment/Judgement either. Next thing, in the Doom Cast cluster, don't take the crit chance but the crit multi instead. as of now you should have 5 points open, spend them for the frenzy charge in the shadow area and the three nodes to Holy Fire.

last but not least, cut that rare 3pt jewel in the top left area of the tree, take the first small node of the essence sap cluster, and re-take purity of flesh. even if the mana gain on hit on that jewel was sufficient to sustain mana, the 0.4% leech + more life again is more efficient for sustain. Except for when you get a no leech map, but how common are they anyways? I haven't seen one in this league yet.

skill gem suggestions

Anger is not worth it for the mana reservation (it puts you over 100% reserved anyways). HoA + Blasphemy/Flammability is enough. with the changes to the mana sustain in the tree, you can easily run an additional arctic armor for additional defenses.

you should have some sort of free sockets if I see that correctly. You could put blood rage from the helmet in either of your weapon, and get a proper 4L CWDT setup with CWDT (1), Immortal Call (3), inc duration (max) and vortex (whatever is the max level for lvl38). Vortex won't do damage, but it theoretically should still chill the enemies in the area (= more defense, as they move/attack slower etc).

conclusion + gear changes suggested
by now your dps should've been dropped quite a bit, but it's CoC after all, I'm sure you will still be able to melt stuff.
tree should look like this: http://poeurl.com/cedI
Example boots would be: https://i.imgur.com/NdwcAqX.png
Movement speed does not need to be 35, strength is totally optional, as well as the hybrid armor/life roll, I just put them there as an example for maximizing life.

If you'd hit these resists on the boots exactly (no matter the other stats), this would balance out your elemental resistances perfectly (assuming dying sun is active as well!), giving you the opportunity to use a wise oak flask (e.g. instead one of your life flasks), giving you a huge survivability boost against all elemental damage and a huge dps boost as well.

If you could get used to not use a quicksilver flask either, you could replace it with a basalt flask of iron skin, giving you a way better (although still not good by any means) defense against physical hits (27% phys reduction instead of 7% without it, and instead of 12% with your life flask of iron skin earlier which should've been replaced with an wise oak)

I hope we could help each other, and I am actually looking forward to play this build myself once I can afford the amulet (and the weapon and the shield, actually). although fun, I am sick of all the cold based CoC builds, was quite surprised to find a fire based one.

/edit: the actual only problem I see is flask sustain, as your fire res I guess is only really capped when either sun or oak (or both) are up. but if all bosses fall quickly enough with the dps, then it's.... okay I guess.

can you record and upload a video of some content? possibly the highest you are doing with this build?^^
Last edited by xebtria on Dec 29, 2018, 6:03:37 PM
"
DeadManWalkin wrote:
I'm a bit late to this post, but I found it while searching for any fireball build and it looks amazing (although xoph's blood for me is a bit too expensive to try this out for now).

regarding your question: you only have 120% life in the tree (and thus only 4.5k life, even with a belly), this might have to do something with you getting popped every now and then.

also PoB only shows your fire res properly capped (with dying sun anyways), cold res it shows as 65%, and lightning as 72%.

I now got curious as I might want to try this build myself eventually, so I did a deeper analysis (for myself primarily actually ^^), and for better readability put it into spoilers.

I hope we could help each other, and I am actually looking forward to play this build myself once I can afford the amulet (and the weapon and the shield, actually). although fun, I am sick of all the cold based CoC builds, was quite surprised to find a fire based one.

/edit: the actual only problem I see is flask sustain, as your fire res I guess is only really capped when either sun or oak (or both) are up. but if all bosses fall quickly enough with the dps, then it's.... okay I guess.

can you record and upload a video of some content? possibly the highest you are doing with this build?^^

HE is using Alira for RES and Crit Multi.
What is the point of having 2 skill on CoC?

Also would like to see video since I don't get the math behind CoC.
Last edited by HashBR on Dec 30, 2018, 10:32:14 PM
"
HashBR wrote:
HE is using Alira for RES and Crit Multi.
What is the point of having 2 skill on CoC?

Also would like to see video since I don't get the math behind CoC.

res are still a bit low even with alira.

The point for 2 skill on CoC might be "because he can".
I could imagine that Magma orb is good for clear (especially with two jewels), while fireball is some extra dps for bossing.
In the setup I am using, magma orb shows 120k average hit, while fireball shows 155k average hit.

But fireball might be worse for clear (especially because it neither has a threshold jewel which gives extra projectiles, nor does it pierce through enemies by default (MO at least chains and is not blocked off by the first enemy it hits)), therefore he takes two spells. The real question would be if another support for MO (e.g. conc or immolate) - and therefore a 4L magma orb - would be better for single target dps than a 3L magma orb + a 3L fireball (which... alternate? I think).

But he said he melts stuff anyways, so I guess it does not really matter afterall in terms of dps :D

I soon have some currency together so I will just try it out myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info