Star Trek Voyager

I just finished watching the whole 7 seasons of Star Trek Voyager but the last episode "Endgame" left me confused.

Spoiler

Since the Borg queen dies in Star Trek First Contact (1996), I have to assume that Endgame happens before then but, she appears to die in Endgame, which would make First Contact impossible. Or did she not die in Endgame?
Last edited by TheNightFly on Dec 20, 2018, 9:27:04 PM
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2019, 4:43:24 PM
Multiple timelines?
Works for Marvel.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I think there were multiple queens over the time, never at the same time though. So it might be that these are just 2 different queens.

edit, from the memory alpha :

"
There were multiple, but identical, Borg Queens. (Star Trek: First Contact; VOY: "Dark Frontier", "Unimatrix Zero", "Unimatrix Zero, Part II", "Endgame")

"
Later in First Contact, when asked by Picard how she had survived when the cube that was sent to Earth in 2367 was destroyed, the Queen only replied that Picard had become small, and thought in three-dimensional terms. Exactly what was meant by this was also a subject of speculation.

This was further complicated by the re-appearance of a Queen during the run of Voyager, and her subsequent "deaths" and reappearances during the show's run, but was not directly addressed.

also from apocrypha :

"
According to the Pocket VOY novel, The Farther Shore published after the television series concluded, a Borg Queen could be replaced in mere seconds by using the Royal Protocol. Seven of Nine was specifically mentioned in the Royal Protocol and was most likely to become the next Queen.

The Pocket TNG novel Resistance showed the creation of another Queen, who was destroyed by the crew of the Enterprise-E. Subsequently, in the Pocket TNG novel Before Dishonor, Admiral Janeway was assimilated by the Borg and became a Queen who was eventually defeated by Seven of Nine.

In the Star Trek: Destiny trilogy, a newly installed Queen oversaw a massive Borg invasion of the Alpha Quadrant. It was later revealed that the Borg Queen was merely an avatar for the true power behind the Collective. The Destiny trilogy also mentioned that multiple Queens have been known to exist simultaneously in the Collective, but they all possessed the same agenda.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Dec 21, 2018, 3:17:18 AM
The death of the Borg queen in First Contact suggest that the events of Voyager "Endgame" must have happened before that. However, it appears that the Borg queen is destroyed in Endgame when she becomes infected with a virus that causes her to fall apart and her lair explodes.

The only explanation is that there are multiple queens. Alice Krige's Borg queen in First Contact was the original and Susanna Thompson's Borg queen in Voyager replaced her- she even stated that she was assimilated as species 125. This is probably not cannon but if it's true then the events of Endgame could have happened after First Contact and the Borg now have a third queen, or no queen, or perhaps a king, or three queens at once.
Last edited by TheNightFly on Dec 21, 2018, 12:31:27 PM
"
Necromael wrote:
I think there were multiple queens over the time, never at the same time though. So it might be that these are just 2 different queens.
Just by the nature of the Borg, it's not inconceivable that any given queen is simply version x.y.zz of the Borg Queen.

Try not to think about it too much.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Look, here's what happened. Janeway made a bad decision. Chakotay went on a vision quest. Seven of nine was inexplicably hot. Chakotay went on a vision quest. Janeway made another bad decision. Chakotay went on a vision quest. The borg. Bad things happened. Vision quest. reset button after two of the only really good episodes in the whole show. Vision quest. The end.

You forgot the bit where something embarassing and painful happens to Harry.
<double>
Last edited by GloatingSwine on Dec 23, 2018, 12:45:45 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Look, here's what happened. Janeway made a bad decision. Chakotay went on a vision quest. Seven of nine was inexplicably hot. Chakotay went on a vision quest. Janeway made another bad decision.
Jeri Ryan in a skintight suit... pretty self-explanatory to me
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Look, here's what happened. Janeway made a bad decision. Chakotay went on a vision quest. Seven of nine was inexplicably hot. Chakotay went on a vision quest. Janeway made another bad decision. Chakotay went on a vision quest. The borg. Bad things happened. Vision quest. reset button after two of the only really good episodes in the whole show. Vision quest. The end.

Of course, you can never forget the lizard episode, no matter how much you try.
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 23, 2018, 11:18:53 PM
Yep, that Threshold episode is literally the worst episode in any live action Star Trek show.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info