Blizzard continues self-destructing by killing Heroes of the Storm

I know nobody cares about mobas here but I'm fairly salty they put HotS into maintenance mode and killed the competitive scene entirely which for a moba means it's essentially dead. Activision is cutting corners everywhere it seems. RIP Blizzard.

I'm Sansa btw

Also Pacman got nerfed in Smash. Life is suffering.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Dec 13, 2018, 11:51:43 PM
Last bumped on Dec 25, 2018, 12:33:02 AM
Xav pvp me in dark souls go

I'm FIRED UP
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I got some 4.5k games in hots. Read that they are doing the same thing with it as with diablo3, maintenance mode.

Had my fun, will probably have some more a little. But can't say I'm sad, its blizzard after all. Dont have any expectations for activision games.

We still have indie developers for which you pay for what you specifically want, like pillars of eternity 2, divinity original sin 2 and simmilar other good games. I accepted the fact that my favourite game types are becoming niche, which is good, it wont be tainted with shareholder greed and need to make bigger profits each quartal.
Spreading salt since 2006
MOBA is a fun genre, but for Pete's sake, we can't all be Challenger-level players.

But we can sure as hell act like it.

The genre is fine. The fanbase needs a double-coffee enema.

I do enjoy jumping into ARAM on LoL, especially if I can trade/rerool my fave champs.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
The problem is not the genre, but for any moba that would stop support of professional play this means :

Less publicity - less viewers - less events - less money from players - playerbase starts going down - with no money = no more good updates

I've seen the cycle many times, nobody here is talking that we are top players, but with top players leaving, it only serves to show the state of the game.

Imagine riot would remove all monetary support for their pro scene and saying that you can expect maybe 1-2 new heroes a year and that all main developers are switching to their other game development which means no updates as often as before.

I bet fanbase would go rabid.

The genre itself is fine, hots is dying and blizzard is an expert in doing such things.
Spreading salt since 2006
Heroes of the Storm. One of the few times Blizzard has attempted to steal a market/idea and got completely shut down by the competitors.

Doesn't happen often, but they could not compete with Riot and League of Legends.

I'm far more of a League player. Dabbled in DotA. HotS never appealed to me. LoL is already a more casual Moba experience with skillful nuance and plays.

LoL is what I would expect old Blizzard to make.

Why is this self-destructing though? Do you want them to keep supporting a failed game?
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Why is this self-destructing though? Do you want them to keep supporting a failed game?

Probably dozens of other mobas have failed. HotS is not one of them. It's the 3rd most popular one and had a healthy competitive scene and playerbase. We obviously don't have any numbers but I'd bet quite a bit that they weren't really losing money, they just weren't making enough profit so Activision killed it. Just as a reference, Activision thinks their recent CoD game isn't very successful, they're almost disappointed by its numbers. Their recent CoD game is also the best selling game of 2018. Funny how that works.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The game was actually going downhill for a long time. Not enough players even for a F2P title spells a death sentence. There was no point to play anything other than QP and almost no serious players would stay just for that.

Gotta commend them for trying to salvage it though but it was impossible. The game was too shallow.
Jyst curious... why do we continue to treat Blizz like they're, ahem,

TOO BIG TO FAIL

???
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info