Build Concept. CoC Wand Assassin. Worth trying or DOA?

This is little beyond an idea at this point, but I have some fears about it.

CoC Wander Assassin. Using either Kinetic Blast or Barrage to trigger.

Just theorycrafting on the skill tree I wonder if there are enough crit nodes to make this work. There are surprisingly few universal crit nodes. Most are for specific weapons, or melee, or spell.

I'm also quite unsure whether to go for ES or life, and don't see a good way to leech either. How to assassins keep themselves alive in T15-16 boss fights?
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2018, 2:30:25 PM
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:

Just theorycrafting on the skill tree I wonder if there are enough crit nodes to make this work. There are surprisingly few universal crit nodes. Most are for specific weapons, or melee, or spell.

I'm also quite unsure whether to go for ES or life, and don't see a good way to leech either. How to assassins keep themselves alive in T15-16 boss fights?

I theorycrafted a Power Siphon (Wand) Assassin in Delve and put it to fruition and ran it to like level 75. It was really solid. Honestly, I will most likely be making a build guide for it sometime down the line. It's on my list of guides to make. I'm currently still writing some other guides right now.

The way I was sustaining leech was using a Thief's Torment ring. I was literally melting bosses by staying point blank and making sure all of the Power Siphons were hitting. Add that on top of all of the crit from Assassin and you got some really mean damage. You essentially have instant leech because of Thief's Torment and you get that flat life gain per projectile, so my build back then shot 8 projectiles. You're looking at a minimum of 40x8 of life gained on hit which totals to 320 instant leech and 30x8 for mana which is 240 mana leeched point blank. Pretty solid, I'd say. Don't forget about pierce too. :0 It allows you to face-tank if you can shoot the blasts out fast enough to sustain.

I was getting a little over 200,000 DPS per projectile (I shot 8) so with some easy math, 200000x8 = 1,600,000 and that's just a rough estimate if you had all of them hit. Dealing over a million DPS per-cast is pretty scary when you think about it and even more so if you have fast attack speed.

Assassin also lets you ignore reflect too which is another bonus. My goal with that Power Siphon Wand Assassin was to handle any map mods. Assassin already offers immunity to reflect with critical strikes and Thief's Torment gives us reliable life/mana gain so we could do no leech/no regeneration maps.

Hopefully it sparks some ideas for you.

*EDIT: Just realized that I told you all about this build I was using, but you were asking about a "CoC" Wand Assassin lol. Yeah, I didn't build a CoC Wand Assassin, but I did dabble with a crit based Wand Assassin.
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 13, 2018, 5:00:34 PM
The problem is with assassin itself, if you're triggering elemental spells elementalist and inquisitor is too strong for that. The crits from assassin require all the power charges on the tree and to use void battery to win out in terms of damage. There are enough crit nodes on the tree to make any class crit. All the assassin builds I theorized in the past is simply better with other ascendencies, except poison.

Typically with most spellcasters you use a warlord mark on hit ring to sustain.
"
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:

*EDIT: Just realized that I told you all about this build I was using, but you were asking about a "CoC" Wand Assassin lol. Yeah, I didn't build a CoC Wand Assassin, but I did dabble with a crit based Wand Assassin.

Thanks! It still sounds fun!
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info