Wander Shadow viable?

Hello folks,

I dont post often in the forums and i ma newb regarding PoE in general. I ve leveld just a few characters beyond lvl 70 and after a longer break from PoE I d like to jump back into the game with the upcoming patch.

I used to play an elemental wander Whitch years ago. I ve heard that physical wands will become viable again with this upcoming patch. For style reasons I d like to build a wander shadow now. I m still not sure whether to try to make a physical build (preferable for shaows, since they have lots of crit nodes near the starting point), or a chaos multishot wander. Is the later option possible at all?

Would such a build be very costly and viable below lvl 80, because i m slow when it comes to leveling. I usually need 2-3 weeks to reach 70ist levels and i d like to use wands from the early game on. What options/builds can you reccomend me?

THX in advance
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2018, 2:18:28 PM
"
Pindelfix wrote:
...original post...

If you're thinking about playing a Wand Shadow, as you said how Shadow has a lot of crit nodes in their area, I would recommend going an Assassin. They generate power charges easily and can stack crit like a madman. This is great for DPS for your Wand based skills as well.

I personally went with an Shadow/Assassin with Power Siphon on a budget and racked up to a million of DPS when most of the siphons landed. I just used all rare gear and it worked out just fine.

I don't have any build guide or anything since I just freestyle my builds on the way so sorry about that.

Good luck, exile.
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
If you're thinking about playing a Wand Shadow, as you said how Shadow has a lot of crit nodes in their area, I would recommend going an Assassin. They generate power charges easily and can stack crit like a madman. This is great for DPS for your Wand based skills as well.

I personally went with an Shadow/Assassin with Power Siphon on a budget and racked up to a million of DPS when most of the siphons landed. I just used all rare gear and it worked out just fine.

I don't have any build guide or anything since I just freestyle my builds on the way so sorry about that.

Good luck, exile.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You mentioned Power Siphon. Aint this a single target skill? I was thinking about multishot, or piercing shots or soemthign like that. Besides that...i m curious whether a poson wander would be playable for most maps on lvl 80+ (as shade).
"
Pindelfix wrote:
Thanks a lot for your feedback. You mentioned Power Siphon. Aint this a single target skill? I was thinking about multishot, or piercing shots or soemthign like that. Besides that...i m curious whether a poson wander would be playable for most maps on lvl 80+ (as shade).

Power Siphon fires 4-7 projectiles and also scales with an Assassin's power charges. It also has culling strike which makes it a pseudo 7 link as well. Think of this kind of like Barrage. If you hit a boss point blank with all of the projectiles, you can rack up some insane damage. You can just link Pierce with it to have all of the projectiles pierce as well.

It's a great clear and single target skill gem. I think people are sleeping on Power Siphon a lot more than you think. Cheers!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 3, 2018, 2:18:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info