Trickster - Kitava's Trap Caster- Budget 3ex 1.6 million dps! Updated build guide!

Just need a shaper kill video and were done!

Play Demo --> ATTRAZI in six min https://youtu.be/zolQLVV6U1Y !!!!!

Check out the updated level 90 build guide!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Big hello to the POE community. I'm Glorious_Bigbeard and this is a Powerful Arc trap build. By Utilizing Kitava's Thirst helm along with the fantastic ascendancy skills of the Trickster we achieve a terrifying, mana stable build with extremely fast trap throwing ability. This build is capable of a crazy number of trap per second while mana stable!!!!

Video Build Guide
Spoiler

Kitava's Trapcaster Video Build Guide---->https://youtu.be/yHOQzgPw3JY

Six min Atrazi run--->https://youtu.be/zolQLVV6U1Y

Pro's & Con's
Spoiler

+ Excellent defenses and survive ability.
+ High damage output and crazy fast clear speeds
+ 1.6 million dps
+ Mana stable, wile using 600 mana per second.
- requires some crafting knowledge.
- Avoid maps with Elemental reflection.

Things to know starting out
Spoiler
This is a late game build. During early and mid game we are just another arc trapper build. Stick with it and have fun crushing stuff during maps!

Required Gear
Spoiler
The boots have 18% throw speed, but are supported by trap, So were going to put our cast on damage taken setup in there since none of the skills are effected by "trap". This puts our spire traps in our gloves, movement in a 3 socket weapon and cast on stun in our off hand.
I've six linked my chest and added 2 shimmer wands. This upgrade takes me to 1.5 million dps. Void batteries are faster throw speeds but less dps. Hard core players will be fine with shimmer so long as there are no skills in the helm that can critically hit enemies. My choses skills will trigger the negative effects of the shimmer but I'm doing just fine with it. *note traps and totems won't cause shimmers negative effect to damage you it is only the triggered skills in the helm that will cause this..

Resistance and crafted items
Spoiler
Its possible to get lightning and elemental damage modifiers in there two. These would be expensive to buy and difficult to craft. The belt can be crafted with 9-12% increased trap throw speed. This will help you to reach 8 trap throws per second.

The blue pearl amulet needs to be crafted with an essence of insanity to gain the 10% chance to gain 10% mana. This mod is vital to mana stability of our build, and is stack-able with the similar ascendancy skill.

It is possible to craft higher damage wands than void battery, good luck if you decide to do this.

Suggested Jewels
Spoiler
Life, Spell/lightning damage, cast/throw speed are the mods we want most. Critical strike multiplier, energy shield and mana regeneration are acceptable less important mods.
These are my jewels as of level 89. They are between 3c and 17c each and were good enough to reach 6 throws per second without throw speed on the belt. As my resist gear improves I will be able to upgrade these item, or exalt another mod onto some.

Suggested Flasks
Spoiler
It is assumed that you will want to maximize your throw speed. The rotgut will recharge almost instantly and is expected that you will constantly have it active. The diamond flask refills more slowly and should be used less often and is a good place for resist freeze or bleed.

Bandits
Spoiler
Aleria is by far the best choice for our build in early game. Resistances, Critical strike chance and mana regen are all very important. However late game, if your gear is good enough and your mana stable you could consider switching to extra passives.

PoB link
Spoiler
Kitava's Thirst helm needs to have 4 skills in it. We are less concerned about the damage output from the helm as we are triggering skills to generate mana. Triggered skills can leech if you have the proper boot enchantment. This is probably the only build in the game where kitava's thirst is a solution to mana stability and not the cause of mana instability.

((Remember to calculate X 3 traps X 6 throws/s))
https://pastebin.com/QVkKvq2f ((Remember its X3 traps X6 throws/s))

Each time arc levels up the mana cost will change. This is the hardest part of the build. If you get to far away from 100 mana you will never have any mana left for mind over matter. We balance this by using more or fewer apep's rage wands, and/or swapping skills out for lower or higher cost ones. This continues till arc reaches level 20 and we can use the setup in pob.

It is also possible to throw fewer traps at a higher dps, but we like to trigger as many traps as possible for the life and energy shield.
Last edited by blackice001 on Sep 26, 2018, 6:48:44 PM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2018, 1:26:13 AM
This build has changed/improved a lot since the proof of concept video. We reached 6 trap throws rather early during leveling, but I chose not to continue increasing the trap throw speed as we can only do this by sacrificing raw damage to achieve 7 or 8 trap throws per second. As I improve my equipment we will probably end up with 6.6 trap throws per second.

I'm currently working out ways to increase the dps to 2 million. Don't think this will be all that expensive with the exception of the two void batteries.

----> edited way later on.

In the end I went with 1 shimmeron and hope to add 1 void battery. By doing this I still gain the 20% cast speed, +1 powercharges and then only suffer the shimmer's negative effect once. Hard core players who fear the shimmer's negative effect can avoid this by using 4 skills in the helm that do not "hit" or crit enemies. The traps will not trigger this effect as it is the trap that hits and not the player.
Last edited by blackice001 on Sep 26, 2018, 6:53:27 PM
Umm, we don't know what will get buffed/ nerfed in Devle yet.

Isn't it abit too early to theorize anything?

Some builds may become trash while others may become really good.
We don't know yet.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 21, 2018, 7:58:25 PM
This is certainly true. If this build gets a hard nerf I'll simply change the title and let it sink to Page 50.

It is more likely that any type of arc trap build will still be a good choice and the biggest threat to this variation would be a change to the ascendancy. It is the ascendancy that makes this build mana stable with the Kitava's thrist..

My choice to post this prior to delve league was sincerely for the benefits of those who wanted a fun, cheep and successful build to start the league with. Many of us are excited and all ready planning for what we hope is going to be an awesome league.
Last edited by blackice001 on Aug 22, 2018, 12:18:23 PM
Hey everyone the Delve leage has begun and were posting the first leveling video. This is a level 46 skill tree and information about starting the mana balancing challenge.

------>https://youtu.be/iypJuBLashs

Thanks for checking out the build and be sure to look for my nightly streams in the community streamers post.

Please support GGG! BUY MORE MTX AND SUPPORTER PACKS....

Thanks guys and have fun!
Last edited by blackice001 on Sep 1, 2018, 3:27:49 PM
I've done my best to make a simple and well organized build guide. The video build guide could be improved, I'll do that when I reach level 90 and improve my gear.. There is a bit of crafting required and I won't be able to fix up the images in the spoilers till after I manage to craft them. I might do a few short video's on the crafting process and hide them at the bottom. But till then please bear with me and feel free to ask questions.

Thanks guys,
Glorious....
Last edited by blackice001 on Sep 11, 2018, 12:13:13 PM
Hello again PoE community! I've made a level 72 video of an abyss run from a tier 3 map. I'm still working hard at getting the equipment ready for late game play. A big part of mana stability happens after level 77 so we will not be utilizing Mind over Matter till much later.

T3 Abyss Delve league at level 72--->?https://youtu.be/0ZeUZ0a2zD8
So by level 88 I have all ready achieved 6 trap throws per second. I could easily go higher than six, but only by loosing damage. So six throws per second seems to be the sweet spot for damage. Instead I will ignore trap throw speed on the belt and replace some of my jewels with higher damage. I know that I could reach 2m dps with two void batteries. I also looked into the possibility of going with rare wands. The void batteries are not within the budget theme. I'll see if I can do 2m dps without them. Thanks for checking out my build guys I appreciate the 800 views so far this league on youtube and the six new subscribers is fantastic.

I love you guys, the Poe community is the best!

Don't forget to support GGG with mtx and supporter packs... keep poe Great!

Edited by user---> 1.6 million dps with two shimmeron's
Last edited by blackice001 on Sep 26, 2018, 6:56:42 PM
Deleted by user

Mu ha ha ha
Last edited by blackice001 on Sep 26, 2018, 6:55:12 PM
Hey everyone Bigbeard hear letting you guys check out the new video. This is a supper fast ATTRAZI run. Enjoy

six min Attrazi--->https://youtu.be/zolQLVV6U1Y

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info