Born on the 4th of July BOOM BOOM Trickster.

(Video, Updates etc coming soon, this is a starter/placeholder).

So the other day my buddy linked me gluttony:

And was like, "Hey cant we use this for some Vaal Molten Shell shenanigans" which was a total setup because he knew I liked both VMS and Shenanigans.

So I started planning and theory crafting, and on the 4th of July I decided to level the build which I had spend all my currency assembling.

Therefore I humbly present the AllAmerican. This build is fun, bad at a lot of bosses, mediocre in high level incursions so far and a work in progress.

Core:
Vaal Molten Shell
Gluttony

Flicker Strike

I take Physical Damage when I use a movement skill, so I use flicker strike which triggers VMS.

Sustaining Frenzy Charges:
The Golden Rule

The Red Trail

I cause myself to bleed by reflecting Bleeding back to myself and using either a Vagan Craft or Haemophilia for the Bleed Chance. My Golden rule that is equipped has "Corrupting Blood cannot be inflicted on you" corrupted onto it which is almost a requirement to survive if you aren't running an "oh shit" staunching flask.

My as of writing this Pastebin for POB: https://pastebin.com/aNeDNZtt

My current Gear

Class Options:
I chose Trickster for the Free Movement Skill so all mana can be reserved, though with the Gluttony curse and/or a Gemini Claw other Classes are possible.
I also enjoy the non-chaos as chaos (~18.76 more damage), Recovery of life on Kill, and bonus Power/Frenzy Charge.
I DO NOT take prolonged pain, as it would scale the bleed more than it would reduce the DOT from the bleed and I don't value the 20% skill effect duration over the other option from Shadow.

Other Class Options if you choose to use a Gemini Claw or maintain mana through Poacher's mark alone:
Scion:
Assassin - (if you choose to get poison immunity via pantheon) - Base Crit, Lack of Reflect.
Elementalist - Penetration, No reflect, Herald bonus, Shock bonus
Inquisitor - Crit Multi, Penetration, Enemies take increased elemental damage
Juggernaut - Anti-chill/stun, accuracy, Endurance charges every second
Pathfinder - Penetration, Movement Speed, Flask Bonuses
Champion - Fortify without Gem link, Intimidate to help flicker, bad location
Gladiator - Built in bleed, blind
Raider - Frenzy Sustain, Onslaught

Inquisitor
Elementalist
Assassin (Do not get Poison On hit unless using upgraded Shakari Pantheon)

Weapon Options:

Life Gain on Hit is fairly important to mitigate the damage done by Gluttony while flickering. The level 30 Poacher's Mark gives 34 Life Per hit.

Elder LGOH Claw with Ancestral Call/Multistrike and a Free Prefix for Vagan 25% chance to bleed.
Elder LGOH Claw with Ancestral Call/Multistrike/Chance to Bleed
Shaper LGOH Claw crafted with Essence of Hysteria, Free Prefix for Chance to Bleed, Damage Penetrates/Crit Chance/ETC
Cospri's Malice (Corrupted with IAS/Crit/Damage Pen, Onslaught): More skills going off. GMP Arcitc Breath/Freeze Pulse/Ice Spear/Frost Bolt, Ice Nova/Vortex

Ngamahu's Flame: Flicker Strike works with this, and another source of Life Gain on hit would make the Molten Burst nice, plays well into making more stuff happen every time you hit. I'd likely pair this with Eye of Innocence and Ngamahu's Sign for some self ignite fun.

Oro's Sacrifice:
Would mean not needing Gluttony and The Red Trail, slightly different build.

Oni-Goroshi: Could probably make this really fun and give the flicker some of it's own bite.

Sinvicta's Mettle:
I keep this in my 2nd weapon set to give myself Rampage at the start of a map.

Pantheon Choices:
Major: Arakaali with Arachnoxia, this gives us 50% increased recovery rate of life whenever our Immortal Call pops and stops our bleeding damage. Given the cooldown of IC being <4 seconds and constantly taking damage this should usually be up.

Minor: Ralakesh with upgrade. Dodges some of your own bleeds but reduces the damage over time taken from the ones that do hit. Also the cannot be blinded from the upgrade is very helpful in some situations.
Soul of Shakari with upgrade. If you have a chance to poison at all, I highly recommend becoming immune to it either through this pantheon or a ring corruption. The golden rule reflects poison but it does not provide any real bonus as bleeding does. I would generally recommend not getting any % chance to poison as it could likely stack up very quickly.

Note: Flickerstrike has an interesting interaction where you are never "moving" because it is an instant movement, but you are aren't stationary for any significant period of time as you are moving instantly whenever you jump to a new target. This means Tukohama has no time to build up, but Arctic Armor Always provides the stationary bonus as whenever you are hit you are stationary as you cannot be hit during the instant teleport.

Helmet Options:

Starkonja's: Crit, Life, Attack Speed.

Lightpoacher: Resists, More triggered abilities.

Rare Evasion helm: Zero reason to wear armour/ES in this slot for a non-unique due to gluttony. Useful enchantments would be: Tempest Shield Chain (hitting more mobs with a chance to crit). Molten Shell Damage (Buff Effect does not apply to the damage of VMS afaik). Shield Charge Attack speed. Immortal Call Duration. Effect of Poacher's Mark.

Glove Options:

Enchant Opionts: Anything When Hit, Anything On Hit
Voidbringer, Spell Crit, Bonus to Heralds/Anger/AA, no downside for mana cost.
Haemophilia: Option to provide bleeding, Exploding Corpses.
Rare: Evasion with Life and Resists. Elder with Attack/Cast Speed, Faster Attacks, Weapon Range, Block or Global Accuracy could be useful.
Shaper with chance to avoid stuns while casting, and global blind could be useful.

Buff Options:
Herald of Thunder/Ice - Bonus damage to everything, nice bonus area damage to nearby enemies especially on crits. These can be supported by things like Empower and Innervate to help add more damage to both our VMS and our secondary damage sources like Flickerstrike, Lightning Bolt and Commandment of Inferno.
Arcitc Armor - With flickerstrike you are never "moving" as the movement is instant. Whenever you would get hit by fire or physical damage you are technically stationary for that moment so the AA buff applies. Additionally while moving via shield charge or walking the chilled ground helps kite or gain distance if you are trying to recover health.
Anger - An option but I found that I prefered having a supported HOT/HOI to running HOI/HOT and Anger

Boot Options:
Enchantment Options: Leech after Kill, Life/Mana regen when hit, Cold Damage if you've been Hit Recently

The Red Trail: Core to sustaining Frenzy charges in this version of Flicker VMS. Other builds using a Raider, Oro's or Terminus are not required to run these.

Amulet:

Choir of the Storm: Good crit, Lightning bolt as secondary damage.
Rare with Life/Res/Crit/Multi etc
Zerphi's Heart WAY TOO EXPENSIVE BUT TASTY, also would need more dex to make up for the requirments.
Sacrificial Heart: Good starter/Leveling amulet
Xoph's Heart: Ash is cool.
Impresence (Flammibility): A good boost to VMS especially since you wouldn't sac any reservation.
Eye of Innocence: I've used this with VMS flicker and Oro's in the past, however combined with something like Dreadsurge in the offhand this could be pretty nice.
Bisco's Collar: Yeah I guess....

Rings:

Core:
Rare with Life Gain on Spell Hit. This is something I use for sustain along with multiple CWDT, it also helps counteract things like elemental thorns and the damage from Gluttony.

Generally Good: life/resists/Crit, Leveled Heralds from Shaper.
Assassin's Mark on Hit is an Option if you're willing to travel to Dual Curse or run a corrupted Amulet.
The Hungry Loop: Great Option for flicker strike if you want to use something other than an Elder Claw. I recommend: Crit Strikes, Fortify, Multistrike and Ancestral Call or Melee Splash.
Ngamahu's Sign: Good Life Sustain with igniting, especially if your weapon has fire damage on it or if you're running a Fire Burst Weapon.
Stormfire: I don't see a reason this wouldn't be fairly solid though it's not the best use of the item.

Offhands:
Unyeilding Flame: Life, Resists, Crit, Attack Speed and Meteors. What's not to love.
2nd Claw/Cospri's/Razor of the 7th Sun etc. Good Option but be sure to not run tempest shield.
DreadSurge if you add some Self Ignite into the mix.
Soul Taker: Option if you don't want to run Trickster.
Evasion/Life/Resist Shield: Solid choice if you're not into explosions.
Cameria's Avarice: If you're shattering this thing is super good, trust me.
Singularity: Probably Okay but worse than a rare.

Gem Links:
My initial setup:

Flicker Strike, Fortify, Increased Critical STrikes (In a Claw with Multistrike and Ancestral Call

Vaal Molten Shell, Efficacy, Increased Duration, Increased Critical Strikes, Combustion, Immolate
(I would never run Controlled Destruction as while the average damage on both tool tip and POB might be higher, VMS rolls crit once for the entire duration, not criting feels very bad).

Cast When Damage Taken (level 1 or 2), Increased Duration, Tempest Shield, Immortal Call. IC works with my choice or Arakaali Pantheon, Tempest Shield is a bit more of everything, hitting/critting and mitigation.

Cast When Damage Taken (level 1), Greater Multiple Projectiles, Unearth, Cremation. This is just fun on a bun. Both of these spells let me gain life through the Life Gain on Spell Hit. Both can crit to proc Lightning Bolts and Meteors, and Cremation is like a nice little firework show since I built this on the 4th of July.

Other CWDT Options: GMP+ Ball Lightning, FrostBolt, Arctic Breath, Magma Orb, ETC. Life gain on spell hit makes these all pretty nice options as they can hit multiple targets, proc skills and curse on hit.

Shield Charge, Faster Attacks Fortify

Herald of Ice, Arctic Armour, Empower Innervate. My Herald of Thunder is granted via a ring. Can easily replace innervate with that or do a mix without empower as well.

Leveling:
What I did: Sacrificial Heart, Seven League Step, 2X temple weapon with flat Cold and %Cold at low level. Freezing Pulse and Long Winter x2.
Any spell can be a decent leveler for this, I had flicker strike up and running around level 71 when I could equip my chest piece but it's definitely possible earlier though the damage from Gluttony is pretty heavy early on.

Other Gear Options: Axium Perpetuum, Abberath's Hooves,
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Last edited by RichMoney on Jul 10, 2018, 3:49:09 PM
Last bumped on Jul 10, 2018, 7:48:50 PM
I'm very curious about the videos. so far looks really cool
"
Astroblack wrote:
I'm very curious about the videos. so far looks really cool

I've been streaming it and it definitely falls flat in some areas but feels really good in others, I've got a few items to polish up as well and going to be testing out the hungry loop as soon as the gems level.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info