Infernal Blow

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Feb 25, 2022, 8:00:47 PM
Ok, as I understand new infernal blow converts %50 of physical damage to fire. But when I look at the stats of the skill, whole %50 physical damage part is missing in the list. First I noticed that avatar of fire node made no dps effect. So where did the missing physical damage go ? or I'm missing something here ?

edit: nevermmind I had Ngamahu ancestery node...
Last edited by bumd197 on Jun 9, 2018, 2:51:26 PM
Hi!! first sorry my english, is not my native languague

I have a couple questions about the new infernal blow.

1. "Debuff deals 66% of Damage per Charge", that mean 66% of the dmg the mob received is storage and release after 6 chargues?? if i have ruthless gem support, the third and 6th hit mean more damage??

or mean 66% of my weapon base dmg, the debuff is calculated before hit the target??

2. The explosion from the debuff have the tags AOE and fire?? how can i scale the damage from the explosion, ¿¿elemental damage, fire damage, elemental damage with attack skills, aoe damage??

Thanks in advanced.
It seems that Infernal Blow is not applying the charged debuff to all enemies hit when used with Melee Splash Support. It is my understanding that melee splash spreads the effects of a skill to all enemies hit (ex: Heavy Strike + Melee Splash will knock back all enemies hit within the Melee Splash's area of effect.) This does not seem to be the case with Infernal Blow as I am hitting a group of monsters with it and while they all take the damage from the initial hit, only the monster I hit directly with my weapon explodes with the charged debuff. Shouldn't the charged debuff be applied to all the monsters hit within Melee Splash's area of effect?

Posting this here because I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm just misunderstanding mechanics.
Clayshaper is best shaper
Last edited by Sultan_Moustache on Jul 19, 2018, 4:12:56 PM
"
Shouldn't the charged debuff be applied to all the monsters hit within Melee Splash's area of effect?

"Hit the target enemy, applying a charged debuff to it, and an uncharged debuff to any other enemies hit."

My understanding (haven't played with the skill extensively myself) is that the target you click on will get the "charged" debuff, and anything else you hit as a result of other interactions (e.g. splash) will get the "uncharged" debuff. Both types of debuffs should explode when the monster dies, but only the charged debuff explodes on its own if it accumulates six stacks or expires.
Ability feels amaze-ballz. Especially when the explosion sounds like a wet balloon. It does really suck when the debuff just discharges without exploding though, for no reason. Although sometimes they die to the hit, and don't explode as well.

It would be nice if we got a vaal version of this, which was basically an instant 6-stack that exploded, and had cascading explosions for each one that explosion hit. Or something to that effect.

Also. The damage is garbage. At best, you've got ancestral call, and maybe overlap the main target. And then you do fiddly stuff to swap to single target.....or you take a better, more damaging skill with more AoE.

This is exacerbated by the fact that, if you take ice crash (not a meta-skill, but just say so) instead, not only do you get more AoE and damage, but you also effectively get +2 links. Because 1) You aren't using Ancestral Call (while getting same effective AoEm without dps loss), and 2) you use something that increases your damage.
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Sep 3, 2018, 8:55:29 PM
Hey guys! I see that GGG decided to change the skill a bit. Did they remember to actually increase its AoE, so it would not be useless like it has been the last couple of years?
I'm running a Chieftan with this as my single-target skill. I have read a bit about the Ruthless interaction from this thread, but now I have questions about what the "66% damage per charge" is based on.

My biggest question stems from Multistrike: does infernal keep distinct damage scores per charge?
Say I hit for 70, 100, 130, 70, 100, 130, thus triggering the 6-stack debuff. Is the 66% per charge/debuff explosion based on the first hit, last hit, average of 6 debuffing hits?
Or if I only hit for 70, 100, 130, and then let the debuff expire, is the explosion damage based on the first hit, last hit, average of 3 debuffing hits?
I believe infernal blow skill should be usable by claw or dagger.

Is there any particular reason why this skill is not usable by the above weapon types?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info