[3.2] 12.5k EHP, 3xTotem + Selfcast, 1.5M DPS Glacial Cascade Bosskiller [Theorycraft]

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share a Path of Building theorycraft with you as it turned out exceedingly well. First let me say this is a first draft i'm sure there can be optimzations.

This is a build that uses both 3 totems and selfcast to take advantage of the powers of both playstyles and can adapt right into both as needed and when used together you are a monster of huge defensive and offensive proportions.

I was figuring that with the new uber shaper/elder or whatever they added i needed a tough build with a safe playstyle and huge dps, a build i could take on all the content that normally destroys me or stresses me out on my 6k hp builds. I liked the idea of totems for the first time since vanilla beta, but i also had a problem with pure totem builds: they suck when they are in fights where they cannot avoid taking sustained damage. Therefore i decided to merge both playstyles. I have come up with something quite beastly, with only the disadvantage that the clearspeed is average.

I went ahead and created a theorycraft of the build with perfect items in terms of hp/damage rolls. Naturally that is impossible to get but these particular items won't be impossible to get near the level, most of them are semi expensive uniques with only a few potentially super expensive items in between. This is i think my first build in literally years using such generic things as totems and belly of the beast.

Pros:
- 1.5Million DPS(Selfcast + 3 Totems)
- 12473 EHP(7535 Life + 4943 Mana (40% MoM))
- Can play safe behind totems to cheese content at will
- Atziri's Acuity for vaal pact for optimal facetanking

Cons:
- Slow movespeed
- No shield charge or other insane movement ability(unless you weapon swap)
- (-60%) chaos resistance in this version

Here is the Path of Building link:
https://pastebin.com/Nd0sTsML

Notes:

Gear used in path of building is damn near perfect but all will be possible to acquire at nearly perfect stats except for maybe a 2-3 jewels if you got a basic clue how to farm. None of these items are mirror level expensive and the build is even good as a starter it doesn't need something huge to get started.

For leveling and general play other boots and maybe even using frostbolt instead of glacial cascade can be considered if you really must have that clearspeed. Also you can weaponswap in shieldcharge/brightbeak and use totems for clearspeeding and then when needed weapon swap into your single target ability. This build is actually perfect for weapon swap abuse because totems are enough to kill things.

This build takes optimal advantage of Atziri's acuity. When you are focusing single target vaal pact will activate for max leech, when you are using totem playstyle to hide you still have your regen. Only slight disadvantage is that mom won't benefit from vaal pact so not all your pools leech at twice the speed. You aren't however supposed to facetank things when they can emthy your mana pool faster than you can leech it though, then you are supposed to retreat behind totems.

Oh as far as dps calculations go, i'm assuming each glacial cascade hits 3 times. I'm also considering that 5% elemental penetration isn't in the values of path of building because they haven't updated ascendancies yet.

Welcome guys, OP build i have this feeling. Leveling it right now but i don't play as much as i used to so instead of waiting 1 month for me to get items i share it with ya now! Gl!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 6, 2018, 4:56:03 PM
Last bumped on May 4, 2018, 10:02:26 AM
Now that i see that Disintegrator i know that my heart has fallen for it and i must have. That item its far beyond insane. Gotta have. I wouldn't be surprised if it would give me 2-2.5mill dps. Naturally lose a good chunk of mana but that's fine for that power. Can consider to change belt to regular one resist stacking elder, so with elder ring and head i'd get some benefit from disintegrator and those jewels can also be extremely hard to get hands on.

Guys just a little update, thjis build absolutely pleasure to play(unless you need extreme fast clearspeed). But to actually fight things its sooo nice and easy.

I'm lvl 80 now and having very little issues with anything and all i bought was tabula, selffound besides that and over 5k pool with these total crap items i haven't upgraded since like level 50. Did get done farming first item now, even though i can't really use it yet but it's always much cheaper early on. Still using frostbolt. Tabula 6L is the totem while im not strong enough to facetank.

The playstyle is a pleasure. I can just abuse totems but i know i won't be a sad little totem bot when i grow my full power. Next target will be 6L pledge of hands so i can start getting in the game for myself.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 7, 2018, 8:08:48 PM
Not bad.

I made a similar build but using 5x GC totem.

Currently sitting at 1.5m DPS per totem. Using Atziris Reflection with Self Flagelation and a Shaped stat stick weapon with tripple phys as ele + high spell crit.

5.5k HP + 2k mana and also 40% MoM.
Wow that's an insane of damage.

Ofc not as tanky but, damn that's 7.5m dps, who needs to survive things? ;)

"
BuDiu wrote:
Not bad.

I made a similar build but using 5x GC totem.

Currently sitting at 1.5m DPS per totem. Using Atziris Reflection with Self Flagelation and a Shaped stat stick weapon with tripple phys as ele + high spell crit.

5.5k HP + 2k mana and also 40% MoM.

Wow. You really created a monster there. Your gear is really crazy, though. Your offhand alone is worth more than I collected/ spent the whole league. Lovely, really. :)

You're playing without self-flag I noticed. Is it worth it? Never tried getting rid of the curses of 5 totems with only 2 flasks.

I thaught of trying out a GC Hiero for the comming race and wonder how it plays.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info