Newbie Ice Shot Inquisitor Build

Hey Guys! I'm a new soft-core League player who only started this November 2017, so I have a ton to learn, however I'm not one who often likes to use other people's builds so I've tried my hand at my own build anyways. I'm aware this will probably not be very optimal, but thought it would be fun to try out so I did the best I can.

I'd like to keep the core concept of a crowd control ranged character the same, but any suggestions to alter/improve my build would be totally appreciated, especially if you can turn it into something viable for endgame content. Please no bashing or telling me how dumb I am, I know this probably sucks and I'm posting this more so for help to improve my build than to recommend it to others (I especially would never recommend something I've never tested myself even if it looked good on paper)

Also full disclosure, I'm new and poor so I don't actually have all of these items so I haven't even tested it in game or anything. Also not sure how Ice Shot scales with eDPS.

This build was inspired by my love for Ice Elemental Builds in games and my love for Crowd Control based characters. Well, let's get into the build shall we!

The first thing I took a look at while making a build were how defensive layering works. Keeping this in mind I made a list of Offensive and Defensive Elements this build takes into effect as well as some rough overall stats. All of this is based on the numbers that poeplanner gave me.

Speed Read Guide

Crit = White
Cold = Blue
Consecrated = Green
Area of Effect = Orange
Other key words = Pink

Here is a sort of TL;DR version to check if you even want to read or to see at first glance what mistakes I made.
IMAGE VERSION

• Maximum Life: 5492
  • Maximum Mana: 722
  • Armor: 953
  • Evasion: 14656 (without flask or Starkonja's)
  • Energy Shield: 0
  • Dodge: 40% on Attacks, 30% on Spells
  • Fire Resistance: Capped
  • Cold Resistance: Capped
  • Lightning Resistance: Capped
  • Chaos Resistance: Capped
  • Strength: 273
  • Intelligence: 173
  • Dexterity: 304
  • Damage Type: 100% Cold
  • Movement Speed: 27% (without flash) - 97% (With Flask)
Perfect Scenario DPS:
241 eDPS base
642% of 7.5 = 48.15 crit chance
179% + initial 150% (i think?) crit multiplier = 329% crit multiplier
50% increased cold damage + 92% increased elemental damage = 142% increased cold damage
15% attack speed with bestial minion out + 20% onslaught attack speed + 25% increased attack speed + 25 increased attack speed from consecrated ground = 85% increased attack speed
60% increased damage to blind + 50% increased damage on consecrated ground + 25% increased aoe damage + 40% increased damage to chilled enemies + 40% more increased damage on consecrated ground = 210% increased damage

totals:
(without support gems/flasks/etc)
  • crit: ~160%
  • cold: 242%
  • attack speed: 185%
  • others: 310%

1.6 x 2.42 x 1.85 x 3.1 = 22.2 (assuming they are multiplicative to eachother? I'm honestly clueless)

??? (idk how to calculate properly tbh so ignore dps for now)

BUILD

Spoiler

(I will fix later with items and gem links, but I'm not sure how to put items on here at the moment)

• Helmet: Starkonja's Head
  • Chest: Yriel's Fostering (With Bestial Rhoa and Maim on hit)
  • Gloves: Rare Slink Gloves with Cold Resistance, Maximum Life, and Chaos Resistance.
  • Feet: Windscream Greaves
  • Ring L: Death Rush
  • Ring R: Gifts From Above
  • Amulet: Star Of Wraeclast
  • Belt: Rare Leather Belt with Lightning Resistance, Maximum Life, and Chaos Resistance.
  • Weapon Main hand: Nuro's Harp Harbinger Bow
  • Weapon Off hand: Maloney's Nightfall Blunt Arrow Quiver
  • Flask 1: Blood of the Karui
  • Flask 2: Lavianga's Spirit
  • Flask 3: Sin's Rebirth
  • Flask 4: Rotgut
  • Flask 5: The Overflowing Chalice

SKILL TREE

Bandits: I think I'll take Alira for the resistances
Spoiler
Skill Tree Level 100
(Not sure if this links gear or not as well, but if so, keep in mind the links and stuff on that gear is not the setup I'm using, I have the gear saved elsewhere)

OFFENSIVE

1.) Critical Hits
Admittedly I wasn't able to get the crit as high as I could have liked, however i thought having some crit to go with the King of the Hill passive would be good for knockbacks.

This build has 422% - 522% bonus crit chance depending if the enemy is inflicted by elemental ailments or not. with a 7.5% crit chance bow this puts it to around 31.65% - 39.15% crit chance. We can get this up to 48.15% crit chance with 3 power charges.

The crit multiplier bonus is 134% - 179% again depending on whether enemies are inflicted with an elemental ailment or not.

The utility of the crit on this build provides two things. The first being the nice knockback from King of the Hill for some extra kiting / defensive potential. The second being that it creates Consecrated Ground when you crit.

2.) Area of Effect
For Area of Effect I sacrificed a lot of crit potential by going Star of Wraeclast
instead of Ungil's Harmony.

You get increased Area of Effect from Passives (26%), Star of Wraeclast (60%), and 2 Omen on the Winds Jewels (50%) for a whopping grand total of 136% increased area for Ice Shot.

On top of this we get a small 20% increased Area of Effect damage from passives.

3.) Golem
For this build I just went 1 golem, so I went with Ice Golem. While I primarily choice it just to fit in with the ice theme of the character, it's bonus' also fit in extremely well with the build. It gives both accuracy and some additional, very much needed crit chance to get us just over the 40% crit chance mark.

4.) Charges
Endurance Charges give 4% physical damage reduction and 4% elemental resistances per charge. Power charges give 40% crit chance per charge.

Originally I wanted to spec a lot of points into charges but then couldn't afford the much needed passive points so I do not have any increased maximum charges or duration. What I did do instead is use Windscream Greaves which allows me to have 1 more curse on enemies. With this I can get 2 sources of charges so I chose Endurance and Power charges.

I used Assassin's Mark and Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy so every enemy effected by them has a 21%
chance to gain me 1 endurance and 1 power charge on kill. Power Charges I left alone while Endurance Charges I spend on Immortal Call. This should help reduce the damage that I do take when enemies break through my relatively low 15k Evasion.

5.) Elemental Penetration
The Inquisitor's Ascension passive Inevitable Judgement allows us to pass through all elemental resistances on critical strikes, and pass through 10% of elemental resistances on non critical strikes, which comes in handy for a full cold elemental build.

On top of this I should also add this build has 142% increased Cold Damage

6.) Onslaught
Onslaught grants us 20% attack speed, cast speed, and movement speed.

Death Rush ring gives Onslaught for 4 seconds on kill, nuff said.

7.) Pierce
Our 2 Omen on the Winds Jewels give us 10 additional pierced targets. Not entirely sure how pierce and Ice Shot work together, so I hope I get to playtest this build eventually.

CROWD CONTROL

1.) Freeze
Freeze completely stops enemies from moving, attacking, and casting spells.

Our Critical Strikes with our cold damage gives us a 100% chance to freeze when we crit. So basically ourfreeze chance is our crit chance in a way. with 40%~ crit chance, we will inflict freeze 4 out of every 10 shots on average.

Freezing and enemy also gives us a 15% chance to create consecrated ground. This gives us a lot of synergy in our build for consecrated ground and cold ailments.

2.) Chill
Being inflicted by cold damage causes child for 2 seconds. Chill slows the enemy by 0% - 30% depending on the damage dealt from 0% to 10% accordingly.

We do 40% increased damage against chilled enemies thanks to our Omen on the Winds Jewels. In addition we have a lot of stuff increasing the effect of chill.

Our chill comes from chilled ground, cold damage, hypothermia, and arctic armor

3.) Chilled Ground
Chilled ground always slows for 10% unless specified otherwise.

Our Nuro's Harp gives us a 15% chance to create chilled ground when we freeze an enemy. It also increases the effect of chilled ground by 40%

4.) Knockback
Our King of the Hill passive gives us knockback on all critical strikes,
so i figured it would be a nice little bit of added crowd control.

5.) Maim
Maim causes 30% movement speed reduction for 4 seconds. Stacks with Hinder.

Our Yriel's Fostering gives us a 20% chance to Maim on hit as long as the Bestial Rhoa is summoned.

6.) Frost Wall
Just thought I would use this with cast on damage taken for some added crowd control and effect to the ice theme of the build.

DEFENSIVE

1.) Consecrated Ground
Grants 6% life regeneration per second whilst standing on it.

This combined with our crit and chilled ground is the bread and butter of the build. It is also the only real reason that I chose Inquisitor for a bow build.

We get this effect from 3 different sources!
  • Gifts from Above - Creates consecrated ground on critical strike. In addition, it gives us 50% additional damage and 5% block chance while standing on it.
  • Nuro's Harp - Creates consecrated ground when you shatter an enemy.
  • Inquisitors Sanctify Passive - Creates consecrated ground for 8 seconds on hit and on kill. This also gives us and allies 40% increased damage, 6% mana and energy shield regen per second, status ailment immunity, and 25% increased attack/cast speed. Woah that's a lot of buffs!

2.) Smoke Cloud
Blinds enemies inside it.

Our Maloney's Nightfall has a 25% chance to create a smoke cloud on hit.
In addition we also have our Sin's Rebirth that creates a smoke cloud on use. Our Maloney's Nightfall then gives us 60% increased damage against blinded enemies.

3.) Molten Shell
We use molten shell with cast on damage taken because why not?

4.) Anti Reflect
I'm new so I haven't even reached reflect maps or anything but from what I understand Abyssal Cry has AoE damage which cant be reflected. Probably not important but thought i'd bring it up so someone can tell me if i'm wrong about that.

5.) Immortal Call
since we don't really have much armor at all, I figured this is probably a must have to save ourselves.

6.) Arctic Armor
Arctic armor inflicts chill upon being hit and gives us a bit of extra tankiness.

P.S. I have tons of editing to do but I figured I would post this now since I don't see a way to save drafts. (Maybe I'm just stupid idk)
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2017, 2:18:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info