Feedback on character dialogue in Act 5-6+ and armour art.

Firstly, I want to say how amazed I am about the game, this is truly a next level expansion.

However, I have some mixed feelings. I’ve only completed the new V and VI acts, but I’ve noticed that my character doesn’t react to situations in the game anymore. It seems that the sound department wasn’t up to speed with the super ambitious care that other areas received. After act IV my witch doesn’t remark or taunt no more and it leaves you with a very jarring impression. I mean this was always an important aspect of immersion even in diablo I. It’s really amazing how in act four the Witch addresses the beast and the mountain as if they are scared of her and she’s coming for them, it just adds so much to the character. After most fights, we learn how the characters view the world and its inhabitants, even after the Captain Fairgraves quests. But starting from act V it’s like my Witch has become Gordon Freeman or something. You defeat the boss and… have nothing to say? For me, it’s really inconsistent and weird. Maybe the whole dialogue is being revised? Maybe it’s going to be added later or it has been decided that it’s not a priority or important anymore?

My second inquiry is about the armour art. In the sense that the same art is being used for the three different base types. Some years ago, the headgear was made unique. I play a league maybe once a year so I might have missed something, but my question is: are there any plans to update the armour with unique art? I understand GGG is a bigger studio than before, so maybe it’s feasible now? Or is the philosophy now that we can buy armour microtransactions and it's redundant?

TL: DR

These are my biggest problems with the flow of the game now (from an artistic point of view). That the characters don’t react vocally to the world anymore, and considering that we don’t have cruel and merciless, the stratification of armour art has become some weird remnant left hanging in mid-air.
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2017, 3:46:51 PM
They do release new armour models every few patches so I wouldn't worry about that.
I totally agree on the importance of character dialogue, seems weird to me that it was skipped as audio lines are usually recorded months in advance! I hope the devs release a statement on this.
Yeah I was a bit disappointed abut the missing voiceovers as well..nothing makes your character feel more alive than those random lines they throw at you at important turns of the plot.

By the way, never understood why they had to redo the original voices when awakening was released...the original Duelist voice for instance had way more character.
"
Aviana wrote:
They do release new armour models every few patches so I wouldn't worry about that.
I totally agree on the importance of character dialogue, seems weird to me that it was skipped as audio lines are usually recorded months in advance! I hope the devs release a statement on this.
Changes to base armour models is pretty rare. Changes to unique item models is infrequent but a lot more common than changes to base item models.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 22, 2017, 3:26:35 AM
I'm guessing the additional dialogue will be added later (what they managed to release in this amount of time is stunning already...), but in case it's still being "considered", definitely +1 to the idea. There's lots of potential for great backstory interaction here (MARAUDER KILLING TUKOHAMA?!).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info