Qaud Scorching Ray Totem

Hey guys, I'm known in-game as Laggy! A person who's been playing Path of Exile for 4 years ( Since open beta)

Please note that this build is sort of like a beta concept
with that in mind I'm going to outline some of the static and unchanging ideas behind the build so that the community can provide helpful feedback on how to better the build currently.
This is just a cool idea I had, thanks for taking the time to read through it and help ♥
-------------------------------------------------------------
Things I need help with
Spoiler
Currently I need help with finding the optimal 6 link for this first two are obviously Scorching Ray, Spell Totem - what else?
I'm trying to think of useful uniques as well, please help if you can think of any~♥
On top of that Preferred gear is pretty important, what would you prefer to go?

-------------------------------------------------------------
♥ A must is that this is going to be a totem build!♥
♥ Another Must is that I want it to use Scorching Ray ♥
♥ With the current build I am thinking of the passive skill tree is very adaptable but every single point must be optimal (meaning there are no better / more efficient choices given immediately) ♥
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the current build is 4 totem (Ascendancy and Ancestral Bond) CI, Zealots Oath, Mind Over Matter with our Main DPS as Scorching Ray. On paper the amount of Aoe the build does is good but the single target boss damage is, in theory - Godlike

Why go 4 totem scorching ray?
Spoiler
Scorching ray is a spell that applies a debuff, the higher the stages of the debuff then the more damage you do and with 4 beams you should be able to do a LOT of damage ♥

Passive Tree is here

First up are our Keystones and why we chose them - Mind Over Matter is first
Spoiler
So Mind Over Matter converts 30% of damage taken from health to mana, which is cool but maybe not the strongest, however the 3 points behind it are of good value, the 100 mana and the 64% max mana behind the keystone are a steal for the 4 points since we're going to be going Sanctuary of Thought in our ascendancy, which I estimate to give probably somewhere in the field of 300 to 500 Energy Shield. We go Sanctuary of Thought because we don't gain much from power charges and we can just use Enduring Cry for Endurance charges.

Then we explain CI
Spoiler
We go Chaos Inoculation because it's a decent choice for energy shield based builds and gives immunity to chaos damage

♥ We could Alternatively go Pain Attunement and make it a low life build, if you have the gear for that

Zealots Oath
Spoiler
This was a tossup, the build needs a way to sustain damage and I could not go life leech on totems as the interaction between that and the totems will cause the totem to leech life and not the character

Unwavering Stance - probably going to be added
Spoiler
Unwavering Stance takes away our one and only worry - Get cucked by stuns and we already allocated really close to it.
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2018, 5:12:44 PM
If you want the the best dps out of SR totem, don't get the Ancestral Bond, instead get Elemental Equilibrium and use a cold or lightning skill to apply it, it's a 50% MORE damage, just considering the totem damage:
4 totem: 4x68=272%
3 totem + EE= (3x76)x1.5=342%
Also the 50 more will apply to ANY increased damage that affect the skill, this can be increased even further by applying Flammability and Elemental Weakness with Curse on Hit on the skill of your choice
The best unique is The Searing Touch, all of the mods will apply to SR, and for the 6L, use Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, Rapid Decay and Empower, if you get the 6L but don't have a Lvl 2 empower, you can use Increased Burning Damage instead.
This is the build i'm using on Legacy Standard and the dps is insane, I killed merciless Kaom in less than 7 seconds and I was using a 5L Searing Touch, with a 6L, Rapid Decay and Empower, I estimate that the dps will be over 3kk, I'm doing T8 maps with ease.
The cons about this build is that it is totems, it will become really boring on the end game, and it takes about 2-3 seconds for the SR reach it's maximum dps.
Sorry to point this out, but if you go CI then MoM is useless. Since MoM only applies when damage is dealt to life. IMO take out CI and make this a Mom-Life build and you'll be all set.
I'm sorry to say but the MoM applies to damage dealt to shield, never heard of it not applying :P

Kappa.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info