Triple Dyadus Crit Ele Cleaver

With the newly buffed Dyadus axe, the AoE changes made to Cleave as well as the new threshold jewel granting Fortify and AoE per enemy in your vicinity, the time was ripe to throw Reave to the wayside and welcome 2013 back into our hearts. With Dyadian Dawn we get 1% life leech, which removes the need for Warlord's Mark. Since Multistrike extends the time you spend per attack I got by with only the 0.4 life and mana leech node just south of the Duelist.

The build is extremely simple to make, gear and play. The only issue I ever ran into was accuracy, even with 2 clusters and the Duelist nodes. This is because the axes, unlike swords, doesn't have an accuracy implicit. This problem is mostly solved with Curse on Hit with Poacher's Mark, which gives the cursed enemy 30 - 49% less evasion. This is not counting the curse effectiveness you can get from quality on the Curse on Hit gem itself.

The choice of sub-class is also fairly flexible. Inquisitor is the most obvious choice, however Assassin gives you ample supplies to power charges as well as an easy avenue to span the tree from the Shadow to the Witch and Duelist nodes.

Challenges you might face is crit-capping. However you get some great attack speed, which sort of makes up for that whole thing. Another issue is to get over-capped resists without a shield. Running a Warding flask is absolutely necessary. As far as jewels are concerned, I recommend life and resists, of course. But triple attack speed jewels is also a great boost to your DPS and clear speed. I bought a 17% AS jewel for 2 chaos in LHC, not hard to come by at all.

my gear
Spoiler

Gem links
Cleave - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Area of Effect - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Strikes

Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - free slot

Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Poacher's Mark

Vaal Lightning Trap - Ice Golem - Enduring Cry - free slot (Increased Duration is great with the trap)

Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Bandits
Help Oak - Help Kraytin - Help Alira

Ascendancy points
Deadly Infusion is the only must. The other points are optional. Herald of Thunder totally ruins Ambush and Assassinate, so I went for Noxious Strike myself in-game even though the pre-planned passive tree doesn't reflect that.

Passive tree
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAQEWGwB-RXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2idNwUioLVEemvl3yKwoRL-tjVUth4iaVFr-1SDY9napsjGKsbWzssIwLuXzndOjWmybdRmOnEYF6U2Hrz3oFtY2_UUfnVCT9_94wfI19I_ZNkn8r_W6xfMPmjbl4-X7dVvp31-OfZ6CHdkp91CMNjRX2YnkABsBUakMI9G0Zl_RSUz1fl5VMswQHg9tVxjpYFHUY23TxIWBAoHrvBS107drBQzFXl2NwYEG-p2VNvTZHfoTZIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbFQQlM1C8HIzO-P32-PYLCrxIKK8F85my3e-KR4wdUyMhCS2Ya8byM2UxAXsEqLAAAAAAA=

Last bumped on Mar 12, 2017, 5:23:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info