Player marked as offline when whispering to him/her

Hey GGG

Lately a bug has appeared - if a character is changing zones(loads into one) and you send whisper to him/her at this time,you will get message "this character is offline" and the message won't be delivered.
100% repeatable.
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 4:28:11 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is not a new issue. In fact, this has been going on for as long as I have played the game.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
This is not a new issue. In fact, this has been going on for as long as I have played the game.
And still isn't listed as a known issue.
Last edited by Aerinx on Feb 17, 2017, 3:20:35 PM
Because I think it is intended. If it is impossible to receive messages while transitioning between zones, would you rather your message just get lost in the void, with no way to confirm that the person you messaged actually got it?
U MAD?
"
Aerinx wrote:
And still isn't listed as a known issue.

Not everything is listed in that Known issues list/FAQ. If it was, it would be information overload and it would be way too big. That is why there are people who float about and assist when they are able to. I can think of at least 10 things off the top of my head that aren't on that list and I am quite sure that there are many many more. I would rather they spend the time updating the game itself rather than some list. They have gotten better about it lately though.

Suffice it to say though, as Doc has said, this is a known issue, if it actually is a bug. We have not gotten confirmation one way or the other (or if we have it was ages ago and I forget). We aren't dismissing your report, nor are we calling you any names or putting you down, we are simply letting you know that this isn't a new issue that's being raised and GGG is aware of it.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info