[3.3] Gilded Cage's Comprehensive Guide to Maps

Very well written! Thanks for taking the time to make new guide :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Awesome article/guide.

Some notes:
1. Orchard boss triple projectiles do only physical damage, and big ball does just a little of fire damage while the most (80-90%) is physical. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVYHV23ul8
2. Village Ruin map - the dog has a Vengeance, which makes him almost impossible to facetank with melee attacks and any kind of non-ImmortalCall setup. I think this is worth mentioning.
Last edited by npavcec on Dec 8, 2015, 5:40:51 PM
Great guide! Thanks!

The only issue I have is the Vaal Fragment part, it really needs to also include their main use for Atziri runs, and the warning that Sacrifice at Midnight is rare. We really don't need any beginners to waste their Midnight fragments.
"
npavcec wrote:
Awesome article/guide.

BTW, Orchard boss triple projectiles do only physical damage, and big ball does just a little of fire damage while the most (80-90%) is physical. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVYHV23ul8

Nice video, you learn something every day. This kind of feedback is the kind of information that is great for this guide :)
"
StarRune wrote:
Great guide! Thanks!

The only issue I have is the Vaal Fragment part, it really needs to also include their main use for Atziri runs, and the warning that Sacrifice at Midnight is rare. We really don't need any beginners to waste their Midnight fragments.

Haha good point. Will add a note :)
Thanks for a great guide - very helpful and well written.

I have one suggestion, but be warned, it does take some extra work :)

Often the map difficulty is influenced by the boss difficulty. Since a viable strategy is to skip bosses, it would be nice to have separate difficulty values for the map (mobs) and bosses. I am aware that the description for some maps makes this distinction, but it would make it easier for new players to decide when a map is worth running with or without fighting the boss.

Again thanks for a great guide.
-max resist needs to be 10/10... it's the most universally dangerous map affix in the game... there is no build which can run top tier maps with -max and be even remotely safe

Every other affix (including reflect) is only situationally dangerous (e.g. ele reflect is not dangerous for phys characters), but -max is dangerous for every single endgame build in the game.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
I got a core map drop the other day, but figured it had a hard boss. Didn't know it was Malachai, think I'll hold on to it for awhile before I try it.
IGN: Prospectus
"
Kiristo wrote:
I got a core map drop the other day, but figured it had a hard boss. Didn't know it was Malachai, think I'll hold on to it for awhile before I try it.

Abyss is the T15 map that you want - Kaom is super easy as the boss and there's a TON of mobs on the map. Colosseum boss is Daresso and he's harder than Kaom but obviously much easier than Malachai. Note that in the Core map you also have to fight the mini-bosses (Doedre/Shavronne/Maligaro)
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 8, 2015, 6:33:42 PM
Great guide :).

I think that there is one more point which could be added. The minimum-maximum Quantity/MonsterPack based on number of rolled mods.

So for example result of 4 map mods might be: min 30/0, max 60/10 etc.

Or I could make the analysis if you are willing to pin them to the first posts :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info