Cold to Fire

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2017, 9:40:57 AM
0.9.5 feedback below this post

I'm running a witch that uses ice spear as her main source of DPS -- this gem is pretty neat since it adds a lot of damage, and allows me to hit cold resistant enemies.

Still, I'm finding it a bit hard to justify leveling it up above 6, where it equally splits damage between cold and fire. I know I can get more DPS out of it if I up the ratio, but it also means I start dealing less damage to fire resistant enemies while also reducing frozen/chilled durations.
Great support for fire or ice witches. The bonus from quality is amazing.

Ice Nova + Cold to Fire, Added Lightning Damage, Mana Leech has become my favorite combo.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Heya

I'm running a Duelist; he's a critical-striker, generally casting Dual Strike for single heavy targets and Flicker Strike for dps on mobs/breathing space for healing. However, I have taken to using Cold Snap to hose incoming mobs, and Ice Nova for crowd control; both of which have Cold to Fire support gems connected (separately).
It is awesome watching greblies slow, then freeze, then shatter as the fire damage finishes them off. One thing concerns me though... the animations don't reflect the fact that fire damage is being dealt along side ice damage. The only way I can really see that fire damage is occurring is after the creatures catch on fire.
My support gems are only at 55:45 ice:fire and I guess it is possible that at higher levels the animations change, so I am writing this as a noob.

My suggestion is that these elemental conversion gems have immediate effects on the spell animations. This of course applies to all support gems of this type.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
I love this gem - I've been using it with elemental proliferation and ice spear for huge burning groups. Very fun! It seems to do its job, honestly.
Will this gem work with auras, such as hatred?
"
MrBautista wrote:
Will this gem work with auras, such as hatred?
No. Auras do not ever deal damage. This support changes the type of damage dealt by the supported skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info