The Arcane Archive

I levelled Elreon to 7 and had to redo my entire hideout a while back. Here's the result,

Full Gallery

The plan was to build it out of a series of set pieces and fill in the space around them in a way that made sense. I started with the waypoint, which I wanted to frame and use as a centerpiece to the hideout. The lunaris pillar there made for an excellent 2001 reference, at least to my mind, and the library statues show the twisted evolution of birds and Rhoas.

The colossus hand was always something I wanted to make use of, so I combined it with the Orrery to represent the hand of some ancient God carrying the Solar System. It made for a nice centrepiece to my crafting benches.

The third main setpiece was the map device, which I wanted to involve the entire room with. I built it up with Grigor's walls and Vaal Pylons in order to make it feel like a place of power, transplanted for study into the Archive.

The remainder of the hideout was filled out with exiles, turning into sort of a settlement. The Various Masters were all positioned based on how their relationship with the other Exiles would work.

The rest of the Exiles are mainly doing their own thing. Cooking rhoas, studying the contents of the archive or listening to Vorici discuss the many dinner parties he's attended, by invitation or otherwise.
can I ask where did you get your mask, it's very special.
Last edited by _paparika_ on Nov 30, 2014, 7:19:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info