QoL Suggestion for summoners - combine Convocation and Flame Dash to mitigate the socket starvation

The current problem with summoners in PoE is that they're always socket starved - even more so with reintroduction of strong spectres in 3.25, making them harder to cut out, and emphasized reliance on Guardian's Blessing.

My idea combines Flame Dash - the gem used in 99% of minion builds - with Convocation, allowing us to have more control of where the minions are at any given time, and letting us blink them away from Sirus's storms and whatnot. Saves us a socket, adds really nice Quality of life to every minion build and doesn't break the game in any way I'm aware of.

There's nothing stopping you from running 2 convocations: Instant cast default one, and Flame Dashvocation to maximise keeping your minions on a leash, of course, but that's a personal choice - and the more of that the merrier

I'd love to hear your feedback guys!
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2024, 3:16:27 PM
my feedback is, flame dash convocate is a wierd one but also an interesting idea to somehow tie our movement skill to taking our minions with us, it could be a nice addition or something else could fill this role like a new movement skill alltogether.

also almost of those spectres are pretty bad unless you're purely using raise spectre as a buff pet (basically all i play is raise spectre)

Socket starvation is very real on most minion builds as they have several if not all of the pets in their roster you'd think a single minion build would have no problems but in the end its coming down to almost a non-choice in terms of what weapons you can use in the endgame and even have enough sockets to be relevant.

I'm not sure how GGG expects me to defeat uber bosses in a 4 link but here we are.

- I quit this league in large part because of the socket pressure but also changes to items that increased this pressure a great deal including non-viable alternatives to rare minion wands and squire setups which already overpower all unique options to an extreme with very few exceptions and i don't even want to get started on rare staves being a joke since the dawn of time.

what is the point in using uniques or 1 handed weapons other than wands?
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 11, 2024, 8:47:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info