Exploration Boat League Mechanic

Kingsmarch is established and an explorers guild has settled in! [insert cool name here]

Trade ore and crops for valuable information on maps you find for the mapping device.

Get rid of those Chisels and let the expert explorers do it for you and gather more info to open side areas on your maps you would've never found on your own. They can even help piece together info they've gathered to locate potential loot on the maps. They'll definitely tell you where the strongest creatures are and help you find similar places but maybe without that one pesky damage increase line. The explorers work long hours to scout with those preferences and fix your map - just because you pay them soo well.

Send out those boats because you've learned some towns have guilds with specialized knowledge on where to find your favorite areas. Even chatter of Swirling portals that take you even further into the recesses of the mapping device all in one map. Map-ception.

Hand over those maps to the explorers and let them do the dirty work to give you the best spots. Afterall, the mapping world is a gargantuan place.

~~~

I would love some ideas on this thought experiment. The new league mechanic for SoK is very enjoyable but I've come to learn just how powerful the boat mechanic is. It would be great to use the town to help me run maps in the map device more directly instead of giving me pure items and currency. Boosting maps to that next level would make up for the lost boat loot. The town is a win and I'd want to see it expanded and integrated properly into the core game.

Also, customizing maps with rare info you've found and modifying them would be more satisfying than throwing them away on the trade post as they are.

Any additional ideas yall have?
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2024, 7:44:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info