Merging Steam and PoE accounts

Hi,

Currently I don't have access to my Steam account but have a support ticket so will hopefully regain access soon (before Necropolis). Assuming I do I have a query about merging accounts.

This account I am posting with (HungryBoots) is newly created and has my up-to-date email address.

My old Steam account is linked to an old PoE account but I do not know the email or password for the PoE account linked to Steam.

When I regain access, I assume I will be able to log in through Steam to play PoE but it's linked to a PoE account I won't be able to access on the standalone version because I don't know those login credentials either.

By being able to log in through Steam, does this obviously prove I am the account owner and if so, can I merge my old Steam and new PoE accounts?

To clarify, I want to keep the PoE account linked to my old Steam account, and have it updated with my new account's email and name (HungryBoots) if possible so that I can play on the standalone launcher with my old Steam account, but newly updated login credentials.

Can GGG support do this if I submit a ticket after regaining access to Steam?

Sorry for the long-winded message, seems a bit confusing to concisely explain.

Thanks for your time
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2024, 9:47:12 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Could you please contact us regarding this in your current email chain with Support so we can look into this further for you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info