Possible Doryani's Prototype Glitch`?

Hello there
can someone explain to me why "even with 90% phys dmg reduction" i get so much damage from lightning hits even though i have my armour buffed and with flasks up to 55k
and also a 50% conversion through talisman from lightning to fire
i also want to try stacking up chaos res up to 80% and try divine flesh
but it seems like the calculation of the "lightning dmg is calculated through armour instead of lightning res" is not the same with 90% as it is with 75% lightning res
can someone explain this piece of armour to me so i can build around it otherwise i dont know what to do to not get oneshot randomly (even on blue maps)
by lightning damage
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2020, 1:57:52 PM
You stated the reason yourself. You said you have 90% physical reduction but lightning or fire or cold are all elemental damage so you could have 100 % physical damage reduction and still get killed from elemental damage.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
not 100% sure but your body armour is Doryani's Prototype:

1.) It makes your armour work against lightning damage hits. If it now works like armour vs phys dam then the bigger the lightning hit, the less effective your armour is.

2.) It also says that your lightning resistance does not affect your lightning damage taken which will make many lightning hits quite big I guess and then read the above point again....

You probably need something that says 'X% lightning dam taken as phys damage', then you would be able to mitigate it with your phys dam reduction AND get the benefit of point 1. As is now, you are actually increasing the lightning damage you are taking imho.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 6, 2020, 7:37:03 PM
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
Hello there
can someone explain to me why "even with 90% phys dmg reduction" i get so much damage from lightning hits even though i have my armour buffed and with flasks up to 55k
and also a 50% conversion through talisman from lightning to fire
i also want to try stacking up chaos res up to 80% and try divine flesh
but it seems like the calculation of the "lightning dmg is calculated through armour instead of lightning res" is not the same with 90% as it is with 75% lightning res
can someone explain this piece of armour to me so i can build around it otherwise i dont know what to do to not get oneshot randomly (even on blue maps)
by lightning damage

You don't have 90% phys damage reduction. The number given in-game (PoB uses the same calculation) assumes a very small hit, and armour is significantly less effective against large hits than it is against small hits.

If you are, for example, taking a hit of 5000 lightning damage, you would need 90*5000,or 450k armour to reduce it by 90%.

Read more about it at the wiki.

You simply can't get enough armour to handle the lightning damage, you need to shift it to other damage types.
allright so i need divine flesh then
because otherwise its no fun i keep dying by like 8/10 times when i encounter lightning rares or bosses

"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info