Are The New Flask Enchantments From Harvest Degradable? This Can't Be Serious...

Question in title, but basically, I just used an enchantment from Harvest on my flasks that state: "50% reduced charges used. -1% to this value when used" I used it once in hideout and tried putting the flask back from inventory into my flask slot and it still says 49%. Does that mean these flask enchantments are actually degradable? Because it doesn't specify whether the flask enchantment just goes away forever after using it 50 times or whether it's -1% to the value each time you use it in a map and it goes back to 50% after it's used 50 times? Like, when you used them a total of 50 times, the enchantment just goes away...? This can't be serious. These crafts are already rare as it is to get from the Harvest seeds, but now it's designed so that you have to get the enchant again every time after you use the flask 50 times? Who designed this? Is this actually how it works or am I just thinking worst-case scenario? Or does the flask go back to 50% once you use it 50 times? Does anyone here know or have tried themselves? Actual experience answer with this instead of just speculation would be really appreciated. Thanks
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Aug 6, 2020, 10:23:29 PM
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2020, 2:15:35 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes. GGG. Yes. No. Yes. You're Welcome.
"
Tygerlilly wrote:
Yes. Yes. Yes. GGG. Yes. No. Yes. You're Welcome <-- LOL.

Thanks for your passive-aggressive response that contributed nothing to what I'm asking :)

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Aug 6, 2020, 4:06:03 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Tygerlilly wrote:

Thanks for your passive-aggressive response that contributed nothing to what I'm asking :)

Yes, they go away and you have to reenchant.
I have done it multiple times, on multiple flasks.
It seems OP, so I get why they did it.
Yes it kinda sucks, but it is really OP.
I mean 150 charges on a health flask???
12 seconds of witchfire brew?
That doesn't sound BROKEN to you?

And I enjoyed Tygerlilly's answer!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
Yes it kinda sucks, but it is really OP.
I mean 150 charges on a health flask???
12 seconds of witchfire brew?
That doesn't sound BROKEN to you? And I enjoyed Tigellily's answer! <-- (s_ _p)

No one is saying it's not broken, it sounds more like they couldn't figure out a good balance or compromise on how to make good flask enchantments without making them too OP so instead they decided to make the flask enchantments degradable as a compromise instead of coming to a balanced solution of making the flask enchantments permanent but less OP. And we all know how much people love degradable items in games...

Given how I've seen several others complain about this mechanic on threads like this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hbw50d/big_concerns_about_the_flask_effect_mod_with/

One user saying: "The "constant repair" mechanic is pure and utter cancer & the mods were crazy for putting it into the league in any shape or form what so ever.

I'm 1000% hoping they never insert the mechanic into the game ever again. This is exactly the type of crap they are likely to double-down on and then start wasting dev time & resources putting into the game in all sorts of unwanted ways."

I think my concern with this mechanic is pretty valid. To each their own I guess, I don't see myself ever using these flask enchantments again, however, considering they do degrade and hopefully they come to a better conclusion next time when figuring out how to add flask enchantments to the game without making them degradable.

Last edited by MLGonthorian on Aug 6, 2020, 4:35:32 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Tygerlilly wrote:

Oy vey ...

Does that mean these flask enchantments are actually degradable? YES.
Like, when you used them a total of 50 times, the enchantment just goes away...?
YES
These crafts are already rare as it is to get from the Harvest seeds, but now it's designed so that you have to get the enchant again every time after you use the flask 50 times? YES
Who designed this? GGG
Is this actually how it works or am I just thinking worst-case scenario? YES
Or does the flask go back to 50% once you use it 50 times? NO
Does anyone here know or have tried themselves? YES

YOU'RE WELCOME!

"
GrunkleBob wrote:

And I enjoyed Tygerlilly's answer!

Thank you :)
"
Tygerlilly wrote:
Does that mean these flask enchantments are actually degradable? YES.
Like, when you used them a total of 50 times, the enchantment just goes away...?
YES
These crafts are already rare as it is to get from the Harvest seeds, but now it's designed so that you have to get the enchant again every time after you use the flask 50 times? YES
Who designed this? GGG
Is this actually how it works or am I just thinking worst-case scenario? YES
Or does the flask go back to 50% once you use it 50 times? NO
Does anyone here know or have tried themselves? YES
YOU'RE WELCOME!

You repeating yourself doesn't change anything in terms of being passive-aggressive or pretentious about your "helpful" answer. A simple non-condescending answer could've sufficed without you dishing out some type of attitude and then back peddling and doubling down on being passive-aggressive after me pointing it out the first time. I see this same re-occurring pattern of yours with other users on the forums though, so I'm not surprised.

EDIT: 
Step 1: Make passive-aggressive "answer" disguised as a "helpful" response/comment.
Step 2: Flip the situation if said person calls them out on their obvious passive-aggressive comment.
Step 3: Remember to label the person defending themselves as the bad guy, because otherwise ego is hurt and person making the passive-aggressive comment comes to the self-realization of being a hypocrite, no matter how apparent their disingenuous nature is.
Step 4: Rinse and repeat step 2 and 3 until you run out of logical fallacies.

Last edited by MLGonthorian on Aug 6, 2020, 5:40:35 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

You repeating yourself doesn't change anything in terms of being passive-aggressive or pretentious about your "helpful" answer. A simple non-condescending answer could've sufficed without you dishing out some type of attitude and then back peddling and doubling down on being passive-aggressive after me pointing it out the first time. I see this same re-occurring pattern of yours with other users on the forums though, so I'm not surprised.

Dude, you've got an attitude problem.

I answered your questions. Each and every one of them. I answered them because I had the experience with said flasks... as you requested. If a simple Yes or No is not clear enough for you, if that is what you consider to be passive-aggressive or non-helpful or condescending, that's your problem, not mine.

"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"50% reduced charges used. -1% to this value when used"

What part of this is confusing?
"
What part of this is confusing?

Now, this is a nice passive-aggressive!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info