Min-Max'ing questions/ build help

So... the character im trying to beef up is dtdufuihhihihh.

Not really sure where to go with making changes... PoB says ive only got 3400 dps. And I dont see any info on PoB about impale chance or damage. My crit chance is only 4.3%. Every build I import to PoB has like millions of dps and crit chances in the 80s or better.

What needs to change? Going for straight up cyclone phys impale. I have messed with the passive tree a lot in PoB and the best I can do is cut my life almost in half and squeeze out 10k dps and get crit to around 10%. Where are the huge leaps in dps and crit chance im not seeing or understanding?

Edit- Noticed my main skill selected in PoB was wrong... dps is higher but still only around 50k
Last edited by Chasawah on Aug 6, 2020, 8:47:11 AM
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2020, 12:00:41 AM
Hi,

in fact your DPS is above 100K without even impale calculated (Pride bonus may vary too) but your life is way too low for melee build.

Your crit chance / crit damage are very low bcos you haven´t really invested into them.
Crit builds are usually builds who use fast swords (Foils) and are more expensive but 2H builds are also possible. You need different gear / tree pathing though so it´s up to you.

You can play without relying on crit and invest to crit later eventually.

Balanced passive tree is an important part of the build but gear really matters.

There are many different things you can scale your damage.

- get more levels
- max out your gems (lvl 20) and add quality to them (expensive builds use awakened gems)
- get proper flasks -- Lion´s Roar, drop Doedre, the rest should be some utility flasks with ailments protection (anti bleed, freeze,..)
- add Precision aura to your build
and many more things

Take a look at poe.ninja 2H axe builds (crit or no crit as you wish) to get an inspiration (just note that high level builds on the top use very expensive gear you probably can´t afford)

Having the best rares, proper Watcher´s eye, annoitments, catalysts on rings/amu and plenty of other things make a big difference in the end.
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 6, 2020, 10:11:32 AM
You should be using PoB Community. It is more recently updated. Impale damage calculation and its specific details have been included there since a few leagues ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info