Arrows stuck in terrain cause massive performance issues

Hi, I just found out that killing a bunch of beasts in the menagerie brings the game to a crawl. Then I saw the massive amount of arrows stuck in the walls that my Tornado shot has produced.
I decided to get a new instance and test how far it goes and there seems to be no Limit to the number of arrows that can remain stuck in Terrain. This has to be a "bug" or a huge oversight. Every localized boss fight that goes on for a couple of minutes would basically be ended by arrows dropping your game Performance.
I shot for about 5 mins with around 4 attacks per second and no enemies at the blood altar. With 7 projectiles per shot times 5 seconary projectiles that is ~140 arrows/second stuck in the wall. And the Performance was dropping the whole 5 min so I guess there's no Limit or it's higher than 140x300=42000 arrows stuck in Terrain on one scrren. It brought down my vsynced fps from 60 to 0 and latency shot up from ~30ms to 5000ms+ at which point it disonnected me to the login screen.

For obvious reasons I will not intentionally recreate this again and I urge other players not to test it either in case those arrows don't only cause client side issues.

I'm using the DirectX11 renderer, AA on low everything else on high and Dynamic Culling activated, dynamic Resolution not activated.

I hope you can squeeze in a fix for this at some Point in the near future as it affects all stationary fights(Boss Arenas, delve encounters) for potentially all bow builds or at least all Tornado shot builds.
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2021, 2:47:25 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The new patch just buffed Tornado shot dps, so I did some testing and confirmed this bug is still there.

The Wiki shows evidence, that there once was a fix for this implemented:

Patch "1.2.3 The secondary arrow from Tornado Shot has had its effect changed. The secondary arrow no longer leaves a permanent arrow in the environment."

At some point you must have broken that fix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info