3.11 causing constant crashes.

Same thing happening to me as well, but hasn't been since the beginning of the league. Just started happening today actually.

I noticed that it happens when I click on my gem to level it on the side. I tested this by not being around any mobs and just clicking on the gem that can be leveled, and it instantly crashes to desktop. Doesn't always happen, but whenever it does, it is because I click on the gem level up.

Edit: Nevermind, it just crashed randomly when i entered boss room in Colosseum just as I was about to attack. I do not lose my instance however and can still go back, but its extremely annoying and has happened multiple times in one map.
Last edited by thuynh01 on Jun 29, 2020, 4:29:53 PM
I figured out what was causing the crashing for me.

Using 1h + shield with Tempest Shield. I weapon swap and when Tempest Shield is active, it crashes, not sure why it crashes when I level up a gem. I've taken off Tempest Shield and have not had any crashes at all.

I'm guessing when Tempest Shield is active and I do a weapon swap with no shield, it breaks the game.
The game keep crushing for me 1-2 times per day when i enter a map.
Most times map stays there and i can re-enter it, but sometimes it just disappear after i log back in.

Most frustruating part is i need to spend quite a lot of time to kill different type of mobs before it stop fps frezze spikes.
Can any STAFF reply to this thread? A lot of people are suffering from this. I can not play the game 5 mins without getting crashed to desktop. It wasnt like this when in delirium.

I've tried everything, including:

*Disabling sound in config
*Lowest settings possible with both vulkan and DX11
*--noasync client
*Migrating from steam client to standalone
*updating my GPU drivers and disabling it's overlay for the game.
... and so on.

AMD CPU /GPU
Yes, I am using VD Necro but it happens in other characters as well.

Please someone needs to address this. Clearly you guys have made a change from 3.10 to 3.11 and something is broken now...

AND NO I don't get any error messages. It just crashes to desktop. Occasionally, the game completely freezes and I can not even capslock/numlock. So It freezes the computer entirely and I have to force restart it.
Same.. huge issues

On windows 7

every new patch there is lag and crash issues
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Same issues here. Before 3.11.1 I would sometimes get a "createtexture2d" or 3d crash; now its only occasionally and mostly it crashes before giving a reason. Reinstalled the game with no improvements.

Occasionally there is a sign that it will crash soon as all of my monitors will briefly flash to black. Anywhere from a couple seconds to a couple minutes later, POE crashes.

Nvidia 1070 GTX
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Windows 10 Pro

EDIT: Now I'm getting an error: Map: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action. (GetDeviceRemovedReason: The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because of an invalid command passed by the calling application)

Generally happens when I highlight items on the ground.

Hopefully this is helpful to the GGG engineers.

EDIT POTENTIAL FIX:
I no longer have any crashes after doing the following

1. Uninstall PoE
2. Delete all extra cached files in your PoE folder (for me this is everything in: \Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile.
3. Delete everything in your Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile folder
4. Reinstall PoE

I know its a pain, but the game no longer crashes for me.
Last edited by RRRRRthats5Rs on Jul 4, 2020, 9:42:02 AM
The same thing would happen to me.

I end up logging in and for the first few moments when I try to move it freezes and then speeds through all movement in a single second.

this happens several times before it eventually calms down. At one point after playing for a few minutes it freezes again and crashes to the login screen.

this seriously needs fixing. I rarely get the time to play this and since the recent patch, I spend most of my time dealing with this.
I ended up crashing to the desktop three times within the hour since installing the new 3.11.1 patch. The last entry in the client.txt reads "vk::DeviceLostError". This didn't happen at all during ~6h of playtime on 3.11 before last night's patch.
I had a crash while placing infrastructure in the garden. Minidump here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13J2DFzmLnk4HLlS3izJhkI9ppgwaEFxG
Potential fix: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2895065

Is anyone here having these same log messages/correlations?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info