3.11 causing constant crashes.

This issue needs to be addressed. I could not play the game... It crashes constantly after the harvest update. I didnt have any problems during delirum.
When im playing poe, my PC constantly freezes for ~2 mins, then client disconnects to logging screen. At first I was able to fix it by going back to Direct, but after the most recent patch, my PC started doing these freezes even on Direct. Its unplayable. Pls do something about it. Situations in which it happens seem to be completely random.
"
SlayerSv wrote:
When im playing poe, my PC constantly freezes for ~2 mins, then client disconnects to logging screen. At first I was able to fix it by going back to Direct, but after the most recent patch, my PC started doing these freezes even on Direct. Its unplayable. Pls do something about it. Situations in which it happens seem to be completely random.

exactly my problem.
I started having the same issue. My PC also restarts. I tried full scan, new video drivers (GTX 1070), rolling back to the old video drivers, switching to Vulcan, switching back to DX11, and I still crash. With DX11 it is almost immediate, with Vulcan I can sometimes play for 10 minutes at a time.

*edit*

Turning all graphics settings to the lowest and playing in dx11 I haven't crashed in an hour. Short term fix for some folks maybe.
Last edited by pvb32978 on Jun 28, 2020, 2:24:59 PM
OMG, THIS IS THE MOST POPULAR PROBLEM FROM THE START OF THE LEAGUE ... AND NO COMMENTS FROM GGG
I have had about 20 crashes ONLY TODAY!

I can't even run a full lab thanks to this.

Can GGG finally comment on this or are they too busy thinking up new stash tabs?
After the few patches, the issues still exist - randomly crashes everywhere. this include start loading of the game, log in page, character selection, loading of town, maps, fighting monsters, checking the loot in inventory, crafting of items.....etc.

Sometime with GPU error messages, but most of the time it just crash back to desktop...

Is your system overclocked?

Mine is, and was stable to every other game, Prime95, Memtest, Karhu memtest etc for hours no issues.

But with 3.11 I'd have crashes, removed overclock and all fine now.
same here.
On AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, 16GB 3200 DDR4, nvidia 1080 GTX.
Using the 02/03 Nvidia driver package version 442.19
because the May and June releases cause a large black box in the middle of my screen 100% of the time with Vulkan.

the only item of note i can see in event viewer after these crashes is as follows:

Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ef5ad42
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.292, time stamp: 0x84cd251b
Exception code: 0xe0000001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process id: 0x1078
Faulting application start time: 0x01d64d5833c0b6b3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 9e376c13-538b-46a0-8430-75cdd659fc53
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
I had way to many Crashes along the Week, and tried many different things, and i got it today! What i did to get it working was the following:

- Uninstalled Nvidia Driver on Safe Mode with DDU and installed last version (451.48) once again.

- I left most of the Configurations in Nvidias Panel as they are, except for Power Management mode, i changed it to Maximum Performance and set Vertical Synchronisation to Off.

- Disabled Windows Game Modus.

- Changed the Shadow+GI Quality to High and Renderer to DirectX11 Ingame.

- And the most important part, because i was getting this nvlddmkm error in my Windows Event Viewer, i did change my Graphics Card settings from Overclocked to Gaming Mode, it seems the game was overloading the Graphic Card somehow.

And now i can finally play the Game as i always did, hope i can help someone with this.

Best Regards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info