Creating Game Effects in Path of Exile

"
Wilc wrote:
OMFG, those people on first page... I've never felt more embarassed about this community in my history of playing PoE. Devs are putting those exilecon panels online how they said they would and those rpeople are crying about standard and map tabs. There are threads about that stuff on forum, this is one with talk from two months ago, from people making game effect for people who want to hear about this. WTf?

Has been going on for quite a while now. This forum community is pure hate.

It's a shame.

This seems to be the same with every game though. Gamers in general have gotten extremely hateful over the past years - towards the devs and among each other. I really wonder if there is some bigger underlying issue responsible .. some sort of mass depression ...
Last edited by dyneol on Jan 17, 2020, 12:51:41 PM
Fair is Fair: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688819/page/6

"
Posted by Thomas
on Jan 16, 2020, 11:54:08 PM
Grinding Gear Games

We've now finished restoring the maps that were destroyed by using Convert Maps. It's a best-effort restoration, and we've erred on the gifty side. I'm sorry that it took so long to get this done, and for the lack of communication - I didn't want to make any promises that turned out to be impossible.

Sabranic_SilverDeth - I liked your poems.

I appreciate the effort that went into addressing this issue. Thank you.

Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Jan 17, 2020, 1:10:38 PM
"
cgexile wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:
"
I don't honestly care. I want an announcement on what you plan to do to all the expensive maps that vanished in standard when we pressed the map convert button.

If they're lost, then tell us they're gone forever. If you're working on it, simply say as much. We've been left in limbo for six weeks, and I want to know how to proceed.

You have us locked in stasis.

Well, i personally couldn't care less about standard, it's the dumpster of leagues. So it'd rather have some interesting video rather than worry about something that doesn't matter whatsoever. For all i care they could just wipe the characters after the leagues because std is a mess in every way imaginable.

I bet hc does not give a shit about that sc league you're in either, right?

Such a healthy community.

No one gives a shit about anything or anyone - except themselves ofc ;)

Welcome to any game that claims that it's for the 'hardcore'. Especially an ARPG which is built on RNG and luck.
"
korgans wrote:
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
I always support GGG because I am a fan. But, I have to say that these "effects" and GGG's unwillingness to put in an easy sliding bar (for effects) made my POE life hell until I bought a high end computer last year. Just saying. This is one short video (and I watch them all) that I will not be watching.

Where are your supporter badge,prove it xD

----

Dude, and I apologize for those folks who have done so but most of the time supporter badges are for e-peen fools who like to show off in the forums. I have more stash tabs than I know what to do with. And they were both functional but also a way for me to show appreciation for the great job GGG does.

Anyway,you sound like the folks who judge people by how many challenges they have completed. The first and last time I even bothered looking at the challenges was 2-3 years ago and I got a mtx totem and decided that I will play the way I want and not be a hamster in a maze.

Regardless, I hope my point wasn't lost. Unfortunately by not having an effects slider like so many other games it is clear that GGG is more interested in monetizing those sales than helping players with potato computers. This is one of the few disappointing aspects of my favorite game. And keep in mind that currently my game plays beautifully, but I know many folks can't afford a new computer.
How about LOWERING the game effect so i can have more than

7 FPS when i open a metamorph.............

i would play this game if it looked like Diablo 2 becouse its FUN , not playing it for graphic
"
Fair is Fair: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688819/page/6

"
Posted by Thomas
on Jan 16, 2020, 11:54:08 PM
Grinding Gear Games

We've now finished restoring the maps that were destroyed by using Convert Maps. It's a best-effort restoration, and we've erred on the gifty side. I'm sorry that it took so long to get this done, and for the lack of communication - I didn't want to make any promises that turned out to be impossible.

Sabranic_SilverDeth - I liked your poems.

I appreciate the effort that went into addressing this issue. Thank you.

imagine that kind of effort went into testing and QA. we could reduce the beta phase of new leagues to maybe less than a month!
"
Wilc wrote:
OMFG, those people on first page... I've never felt more embarassed about this community in my history of playing PoE. Devs are putting those exilecon panels online how they said they would and those rpeople are crying about standard and map tabs. There are threads about that stuff on forum, this is one with talk from two months ago, from people making game effect for people who want to hear about this. WTf?

If this issue would have been addressed professionally by GGG they (the people on the first page) wouldn't complain like that. It's all GGG's fault - again. Because this is the second time they conjured a storm of anger for not handling the map tab correctly and then not communicating well with the community. It is 100% GGGs fault.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Watched what I could of Exilecon live on twitch and very much enjoyed it, as well as the possibility of free MTX while doing so. Looking forward to another one. (just gonna ignore this flood of salt and make a post on topic)
Make all the effects you want, just give us an option to turn them off
gj ggg!
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info