Creating Game Effects in Path of Exile

"
cgexile wrote:
"
"
cgexile wrote:
Right? An Apology would be nice. The new atlas is basically printing red maps for zero effort so what I lost in 2 years I can honestly make up in 2 months. So on principle addressing the issue would go a long way.

I honestly have not even tried to play the atlas since this happened - for fear that IF they institute some manner of fix, it might roll back what I accomplish. The silence on the issue is preventing me from playing, moving on or doing much of anything game related.

What I won't allow is for them to sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.

I put everything in quad tabs and avoided my map tab(s). But honestly it's been so long I don't care what they do. I don't think they will do anything tbh it's been so long shit is so far gone they aren't rolling anything back. I started moving stuff in to my one map tab because it is what it is. I keep blaming the dev who coded the tab but honestly he probably got burned just as badly by their shitty process to launch first and test later.

Map Stash Tab has been payed by users, with real money. So using other tabs instead of the Map Tab to organize your Map Pool is terrible! I totally agree with other guys complaining before. I am happy about the improvement of the game on other sides on Special Effect. The talk was nice and interesting. We just would like the same attention to bug fixes!
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
Always nice to watch^.^
G.G.G. is Awesome!!!
"
This was just pointed out to me:

"We can not restore dead hardcore characters or lost items for any reason. This is a general policy and we do not make exceptions. Due to bugs, items may be lost or characters may die due to reasons outside of your control. Please do report these incidents in the Bug Reports forum, but do not contact support asking for restoration. We are working hard to fix the underlying problems so that such losses do not occur in the future."

So that's their response I guess. Thanks for the non-reply. I feel as though Tencent is not a good Shepard of my time and monetary investment, and I am thus cutting ties with this company. Thanks for the enjoyment, but I can no longer have fun with your product.

Good bye.

Good bye friend! I feel like you now, they are not adressing lost items, so basically, if we by accident lose our currency stash for a bug, all of our currency is gone forever. This is unacceptable ofc. Sorry for the redundant posts I am making, but I think the topic deserves more attention!
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
Maybe a conversion tab where you can preview your results would be better then a blind result.
"
I don't honestly care. I want an announcement on what you plan to do to all the expensive maps that vanished in standard when we pressed the map convert button.

If they're lost, then tell us they're gone forever. If you're working on it, simply say as much. We've been left in limbo for six weeks, and I want to know how to proceed.

You have us locked in stasis.

Hey everyone! This guy plays in standard! LOL!
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
how about creating LESS effect for some of the clusterfuck happening sometimes?
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Morgoth92 wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:
"
I don't honestly care. I want an announcement on what you plan to do to all the expensive maps that vanished in standard when we pressed the map convert button.

If they're lost, then tell us they're gone forever. If you're working on it, simply say as much. We've been left in limbo for six weeks, and I want to know how to proceed.

You have us locked in stasis.

Well, i personally couldn't care less about standard, it's the dumpster of leagues. So it'd rather have some interesting video rather than worry about something that doesn't matter whatsoever. For all i care they could just wipe the characters after the leagues because std is a mess in every way imaginable.

Standard is 20% of PoE community. Now imagine 20% of your community being unhappy. That can't be good right?

Oh I'd LOVE to see those numbers. I think GGG hinted at near 15% years ago and we never saw the data and it was placebo to placate people like you. I know dozens of people who play and have played PoE and 0 play or would consider playing Standard for any reason - get real. The only way people would play standard is if this game went offline and/or offered support to play on whatever patch you wanted. Sure, the map tab is a database nightmare, but if I were GGG, I'd let it burn.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Ashriel on Jan 16, 2020, 9:32:31 PM
Yawn... How about creating an auction house?
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
Morgoth92 wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:
Well, i personally couldn't care less about standard, it's the dumpster of leagues. So it'd rather have some interesting video rather than worry about something that doesn't matter whatsoever. For all i care they could just wipe the characters after the leagues because std is a mess in every way imaginable.

Standard is 20% of PoE community. Now imagine 20% of your community being unhappy. That can't be good right?

Oh I'd LOVE to see those numbers. I think GGG hinted at near 15% years ago and we never saw the data and it was placebo to placate people like you. I know dozens of people who play and have played PoE and 0 play or would consider playing Standard for any reason - get real. The only way people would play standard is if this game went offline and/or offered support to play on whatever patch you wanted. Sure, the map tab is a database nightmare, but if I were GGG, I'd let it burn.

Actually, more recently (at or just after Christmas? Might've been in one of the Exilecon videos?) GGG quoted 30% of players play some Standard.

I can't recall where, so not asking anyone to believe me off hand, but it would make sense that more people play Standard now than several years ago as some players get attached to certain gear/builds, or tire of doing every league.

EDIT: poeapp.com lists the number of players who have participated in a trade in Standard this league at about 250k versus 400k in Metamorph.
Last edited by FramFramson on Jan 16, 2020, 9:42:43 PM
Can we not rant about standard map stash bugs in a thread dedicated to this guy's visual effects vod from Exilecon? Go do it on reddit or in the bug forums.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info