Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas Gem Information

"
Blaeknight wrote:
someone can explain what is that in abrrage support "5% more attack time per proj" that is 5% less attack speed per proj or more?

Effectively the more projectiles you shoot, the longer the attack animation is. so if you have 4 extra projectiles you will have 20% more attack time (slower).

pure power creep that add almost nothing to the game.
"
HeliaXDemoN wrote:
pure power creep that add almost nothing to the game.

It is to compensate with 123013 huge nerf and crafting being destroyed in 3.9.
gg
"
Anubizzz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
This should ease the minds of a lot of the crybabies from the patchnotes thread. The awakened gems are really stronk. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Not expecting to ever see one drop. Ever. They've got to be gated by something or the regular supports are wasted. Rarity is the only thing I can think of... so they're going to be rare as fuck.

They are drops from the new 5 endgame bosses.

Ouch. So essentially the triple mod prismatic jewels of Metamoprh
yeet
Correct me if i'm wrong but

Barrage
62% less damage = 38% of damage
Shoots 3 aditional projectiles
38% * 4 = 152%
Quiver with +1 arrow
38% * 5 = 190%
Shapper potion (yes i know will be super rare)
38% * 7 = 266%
Vollley fire to fire 6 extra projectiles on 1st and last hit
38% * 19 = 722% (I know it scatters the projectiles, but consider a big enemy)

Isn't this a huge boost actually?
Like i said, correct-me if i'm wrong because i have no idea if this makes sense.

19 projectiles with new awakened chain could do some pretty good clear maybe, specially if you use it with lightning arrow which also hits another 2 enemies for each hit.
Last edited by testacountnicklol on Dec 11, 2019, 9:28:11 PM
"

Barrage
38% * 4 = 152%
Quiver with +1 arrow
38% * 5 = 190%
38% * 7 = 266%

Like i said, correct-me if i'm wrong because i have no idea if this makes sense.

19 projectiles with new awakened chain could do some pretty good clear maybe, specially if you use it with lightning arrow which also hits another 2 enemies for each hit.

I think you are confusing the Barrage skill and the Barrage support. Volley Fire will only work with the Barrage skill, where as the damage info you have given come from the support gem
"

Barrage
38% * 4 = 152%
Quiver with +1 arrow
38% * 5 = 190%
38% * 7 = 266%

Chain cannot hit the same target twice.
Also you have to consider opportunity cost.
By using more projectile gem, you're trading out another 40%+ more multiplier too.

So math isn't all that simple.
"
King_of_Limbs wrote:
That Barrage Support looks like totally useless.. after the teaser-news I expected the worst from that speed penalty (which seems fair), but that 62% less damage are ten nails to its coffin.

It should've had just the usual 20% less projectile damage and at minimum 10% more action speed. Oh well. I was hoping for some barrage-light modified LMP. Instead we got... this.
Fun thing to try out - Quill Rain with its 40% less damage, any bow skill and Barrage Support. 106% less damage total. Absolute 0. Brilliant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info