New Bow Support Gems in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
Asmosis wrote:
Wonder if they work with minions or are specifically excluded like the new melee supports.
I don't know about Greater Volley, but Barrage and Arrow Nova won't work with minions.

You can see the Barrage and Arrow Nova supports in the Bow Rework section here: https://www.pathofexile.com/exilecon/two

sad wanders desperately grasping barrage to their chests in lieu of new wander skills, very sad indeed
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
Asmosis wrote:
Wonder if they work with minions or are specifically excluded like the new melee supports.

Oh i forget two of these are already in https://www.pathofexile.com/exilecon/two and says it cannot support minions. If you wonder about greter volley it can support minions or could at least the one sockted in reach of the council pre 3.9 cause i was using it.

Dosn't matter either mirror or blink arrow aren't viable minions due to 3k life which they have... same for totems compare to zombies,spectres ect.

btw i've been trying to creating viable mirror/blink arrow build since i saw the cooldown reduction boots from blight but it was totaly trash i could put 9 of them and each one of them just die from single one shot of any mob in maps and i was necro which already scaling minions hp.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Nov 27, 2019, 9:12:07 AM
"
"
Asmosis wrote:

Oh i forget two of these are already in https://www.pathofexile.com/exilecon/two and says it cannot support minions. If you wonder about greter volley it can support minions or could at least the one sockted in reach of the council pre 3.9 cause i was using it.

Dosn't matter either mirror or blink arrow aren't viable minions due to 3k life which they have... same for totems compare to zombies,spectres ect.

btw i've been trying to creating viable mirror/blink arrow build since i saw the cooldown reduction boots from blight but it was totaly trash i could put 9 of them and each one of them just die from single one shot of any mob in maps and i was necro which already scaling minions hp.

Blink/Mirror Arrow do not receive any love when they buff minions or buff arrows, sad day for this fun skill :(
Still im gonna play mines :D No metter how the way looks like.
Every single projectile skill in PoE benefits from having multiple projectiles either to turn it into good clear skill or improve the damage or both. Shotguns and machineguns.

Can we also have some bow/projectile skills which shoots single powerful projectile instead? Bazooka :)

Explosive Arrow Support
Turns arrow into explosive arrow which deals damage in radius on the impact.

Charged Projectile Support
Turns projectile skill into channeling skills allowing player charge powerful shots which deals damage in the cone.
Support Gems Combinations sound really interesting, I hope you will make more !
I'm still a little concerned over the barrage support; the barrage skill itself was already in a tough spot, its single-target DPS having been sufficiently matched by other skills, but now we have a support that functionally renders it unnecessary, much like how Split arrow became meaningless when the "Less Damage" on GMP was bumped from 50% to 25%. (L21 values)

Still, the Volley Fire jewel condensing from 3 to 1 might help... Sorta. I mean, few (if any) players were using more than one even when Barrage WAS meta. Granted, its use as a crowd-clear skill has always been poor, and at best Barrage was kept as a "single-target" side-skill while a different skill was used for crowd-clear anyway.

Of course, a better solution for the GMP vs. LMP issue likely doesn't exist. Some logic would suggest nerfing GMP's damage back to "50% less damage," which would definitely hurt it... Except that with all the numerous sours of additional projectiles/arrows (Dying Sun flask, Shaper Quiver and Elder Bow mods, corrupts on both, Deadeye ascendancy, etc.) it'd just mean that GMP would stop seeing use altogether, and people would lean more on those (expensive) mods/items. That's what power creep looks like, really.

"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
Greater Volley comes with a slightly lower damage multiplier than Greater Multiple Projectiles, given that the damage shape is less desirable for most projectile skills.

Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Volley supports have been often left by the wayside in favour of Greater Multiple Projectiles at end-game - both of these supports will have lower damage multipliers than they currently do, making them more attractive both for levelling and as endgame options.

Um... "Lower damage multipliers" = "more attractive"?

I think we have a wording issue here; since these gems do not describe their damage effects as "multipliers" but rather "less damage," it might help to re-word to clear this up, replacing "lower damage multiplier" with "better damage multiplier."
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
That seems a bit.. powercreep-ish...
*khem* split arrow *khem*
"
XanTheInsane wrote:
Well now that "Necromancer League" is ending guess its time for "Bow League."

"
Romulas19 wrote:
Well looks like bow builds will be the meta with the new league.

Guys, 3.9 being Bow League was confirmed by Chris over a month ago. Keep up, please. It's just weird to be making comments on the meta direction that are literally a month out of date.

With that said, I'm looking forward to 3.9 *actually* being wand league, with Power Siphon being an auto-targeting Barrage skill with 11 projectiles.
Last edited by codetaku on Nov 27, 2019, 2:53:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info